Cinnamon and Chromium curb the munchies-true story!

Gingers63
on 1/23/12 5:55 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hi all,
I know it has been FOREVER since I have posted.  Between work and trying to finish up my degree, I am just short of time.  Anyway, I was given a new med Cymbalta to help with my fibromyalgia.  Well, just like lyrica it made me hungry all the time and as we all know, gaining weight is not worth it for me.  So, I talked to my pain Doc. and she told me that someone else had told here about C&C.  It is 1000mg Cinnamon + 800mcg of Chromium Pictolinate(sp).  I take one of each every morning and have not only lost the munchies, but have lost 20bls in the last couple of months.  I had maintained good weight control after my surgery until my knee was crushed 3-1/2 years ago.  I gained 30lbs over the months I was confined to bed and a wheel chair.  I am still 35lbs over my lowest weight from losing 180 lbs 9 years ago, but pretty sure over the next few mounths, that will come off as well.  Walgreens has the best prices when they have their buy one get one free.  $5.00 a month is nothing compared to what this is doing for me.  Anyway, I just wanted to share so that it might help anyone else that is struggling.  All the women at my work are using it too, and have been losing weight just because of not munching all day long.
Lot's of Love and Hugs!!!!!
Ginger
Paul H.
on 1/23/12 11:07 am - Eagan, MN
 Thank You . Every bit helps us keep on track.
    55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

Darla S.
on 1/23/12 10:44 pm - Maple Grove, MN
I had been a Type 2 diabetic, on pills and insulin for years prior to my 1 year WLS surgiversary.  At that time, all my meds were discontinued, and I've been maintaining an A1c between 5.6 and 6.4 ever since.  I've been adding cinnamon to my yogurt, as I heard it helps control blood sugar - I'm convinced it works.  Reading what you've shared just confirms to me the benefits of cinnamon.

Not sure about the Chromium component, but I'm gonna read up on it - thanks for sharing!

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Brenda S.
on 1/25/12 3:35 am - Champlin, MN
Thank you for this advice!  I have been looking for something to help stop the munchies.  I've been hit hard with them lately and am worried about gaining the weight.  I am going to stop at Walgreens on the way home from work tonight so I can start taking them in the morning. 
Brenda

Never make somebody a priority when they only consider you an option.

mema_bechel
on 1/25/12 4:58 am - Cottage Grove, MN
Hey, at this time anything is worth a try. I am 4.5 years out and getting hunger pangs, grazing, munching, and drinking way too many mochas from Caribou. I am seeing my weight climbing steadily over the last months and am getting quite scared. I cannot seem to leave the carbs alone. I am all for trying something to make me want to stop the carb monster from taking control.
Ramona

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1368 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1142 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2610 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2693 views