Finally done

Marsha F.
on 4/24/12 4:34 am
Ok I know I have said I would be back and I just haven't done it.  I think I have finally came to the conclusion it is time.  I think I have a drinking problem, I am currently up to 205 and just pissed.  I hate the way I look, I am not happy, I am in counciling at the moment so that's good I guess. 

I have burning in my upper stomach I think from all the beer, and I hope I can STOP and come back here for support.  I feel so ashamed I let it go this long. I thought I was making me HAPPY..... but it only lasted for the night when I had no worries.  Geesh..........

I always heard it is easier for Weight loss people to become addicts, and I always said never me, but guess what it is me.  Has anyone else had this issue?

I would like to come back for some guidence, pep talks, what not.

Thanks,
Marsha

PMarie
on 4/24/12 7:03 am, edited 4/24/12 7:03 am - Bloomington, MN
Marsha, I invite you to check out the group for transfer addictions.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/crossingtotransferaddiction s/ - You'll need to join the group, then you can access the discussion board. 

I recently decided my drinking was a problem-- several nights I drank a whole bottle of wine, without knowing I had done so.  Since I quit the wine last month, I've dropped 7 lbs that were bugging me.  

I'm going to a weekly Al Anon meeting because of my husband's severe alcoholism.  I'd recommend AA to you as well.  Feel free to PM me, and I'll be happy to send you my personal contact information.  It's important not to get isolated. 

It is so easy to get addicted, and everything I've read indicates that alcoholism progresses far more rapidly in WLS patients-- so getting help and quitting now is crucial!

Paul H.
on 4/26/12 12:15 am - Eagan, MN
 Marsha, It is all a struggle. Some find new ways to ease the pains of life. Some stick with the oldest one for us.....food. EIther way we have to LEARN how to cope. Being here is a good first step/habit.
    55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

dolfinluvr77
on 4/26/12 12:33 am - Moorhead, MN
Marsha...not sure why I didn't see your post yesterday when I was posting mine! Sheesh!

As you already know...we might be in the same boat different vice of choice. Yours beer, mine is wine.

Either way we might very well both have a bit of a problem. I feel the SAME way you do too. Not happy with myself, my body, the way I feel, etc. etc. And only WE can change that. That's the hardest part for me. Motivation.

I am here for you!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1339 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1130 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2596 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2688 views