I am still around..............

Marsha F.
on 10/15/12 10:24 pm
Hey everyone,

Just figured I would pop in and say Hi ........... I am still struggling with everything.  I went to Dr, and I have arthritis, bursa, and disk bulge all in the right side of my back towards my butt ......dealing with all that plus a soon to be 17 year old boy who thinks he knows it all, and 9 year old mommas boy, and hubby, UmmmmmYaaaaaaaa and why do I drinkand eat.  I have cut down on my beer I graduated to a 12 pk most sittings, and where did the weight come from????I am getting back on track I started HCG drops on sunday so I will let you know how that goes.

To all Newbies, and anyone DO NOT START to drink, not even that first sip because we do get hooked fast and it sucks.  I always said oh that won't happen to me, or how can thay do that, well now I am that person.

It was so dang easy in the beginning so ten I say Oh I deserve this, I can just do it this once, and poof here I am......I miss being on here with my friends, and tend to be back on a little more........LUCKY YOU HUH......

Ayways ave a great day and live life to the fullest.........

Paul H.
on 10/17/12 2:55 am - Eagan, MN
 HI Marsha,

It's good to hear from you. Look for the blessing and let go of the negatives. Oh wait, I'm preaching to the choir again. That dang mirror too!

Paul
    55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

Connie D.
on 10/22/12 10:40 am
Hello Marsha....I just happened to check in....it has been a long time!! Nice to see you post!

What are HCG drops??  I don't have a drinking issue but wow carbs are the monster!! Still trying to work through that...UGH!!

Hope the pain gets better soon too. That is awful!!

I literally almost died last Tuesday. I went into the medical center for a routine test. They gave me the same sleep med they always do. I had a really bad reaction. They ended up calling an ambulance and I was taken to the hospital. Throat and tongue was swollen and I itched  horribly from head to toe. I don't remember it all but I am still here so things worked out. Guess the devil didn't want me....too much competition!!

Good luck!! You know you are very special to me and I love you so much!!

Much love and many hugs....connie d
debim3
on 10/23/12 1:05 am - Roberts, WI
Marsha,

I haven't been on here in months, but thought I would look and see if anyone I know is still on the board. I read your post. I am so sorry you are struggling so much. Your honesty and openness should be helpful to some of the newbies.

I don't know what HCB drops are...never heard of them. But whatever they are and whatever they are for, I hope they work for you.

I am still struggling with my weight. I have been working really hard at trying to limit carbs and I am down some, but I still want to lose another 10-15lbs so my clothes fit again.

To all the new people...Don't take the weightloss for granted...eventually you may stop dumping and be able to eat some of your old foods again. Don't even try them! the first few years it's almost impossible to gain weight, once I hit year 3 that all changed. I'll be 5 years out next month and for the last year or more I have been struggling with an extra 25lbs. I am still WAY less than I was and I am still controlling my diabetes without meds, but I feel uncomfortable and have hundreds of dollars worth of beautiful clothes that I can not wear right now. Listen to the ones who have walked this path before you and learn from our mistakes!
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

Michelle R.
on 10/24/12 2:02 am - Gaylord, MN
Hi Marsha!... Are you in Hutchinson?... If so, I think we may have met at coffee a time or two a few years ago... Are there any coffee groups around the area anymore and if so, when do they meet?... If not, would you like to start one with me?... I am struggling with some of the same issues that you are and it would be nice to get together once in awhile and discuss... Please let me know if you'd be interested... I live in Gaylord but shop in Hutch regularly... Michelle :)
dolfinluvr77
on 11/15/12 6:09 am - Moorhead, MN
Hey Marsha!
Of course you know my struggles in this area as I know yours....thought I'd lurk on the boards for so much needed motivational kick in the rear...saw your post.

I am still struggling too...and was also ones early on saying how on earth can one drink that much after surgery?!?! I worked with someone who had surgery and drank a lot 7yrs. out. I was not a drinker before surgery at all. Now I can't fathom my evenign with out my relaxing 2-3 glasses of wine. Ugh!! Yea, and I wonder where MY weight gain has come from???? :S

I am STILL here for you and will support you in anyway I can.

Together we'll conqeuor this alcohol demon.
      Began my journey in 2008 at 246#....lost 111#...have regaind about 35#'s of which I am currently trying to rectify!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1368 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1142 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2611 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2694 views