How did we all lose track of each other?

debim3
on 10/23/12 1:27 am - Roberts, WI
Years ago, we used to meet, at the minimum, once per month. It was a time for fellowship, for leaning on each other, for learning from each other, for being with people who KNOW what we are each going through. Having WLS is not easy and the life we have after WLS is not easy. I am struggling and I miss the bond the board used to have.

We used to encourage each other daily. I remember a large group of us getting together at Darla's work for the weekend. I remember us passing along clothes and coats to others. I remember the laughs, the hugs and the tears. I don't see that anymore on this board. I don't know how we all lost contact. For me, I thought I didn't need the group anymore - I knew it all and had it all covered all by myself. I was wrong...

If there is anyone out there that wants to start getting together somewhere near or in Wisconsin, contact me.
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

Connie D.
on 10/24/12 3:56 am
Hell Deb....yes those were the days!! Seems like people have broken off into their own little groups for whatever the reason. The Maple Grove Group has fizzled.That is to bad as it realy was a fun group at that time. The help and support isn't there like it was.
I know some of the people in Eagan area etc. still meet. That is just to much driving for me for a couple hours.

I hope you can find a group to get together with.

HUGS....connie d
debim3
on 10/24/12 4:16 am - Roberts, WI
Hugs to you too Connie!

I really miss it. And I don't know how people are doing it without the support like what we received. But maybe they have a better family support system? I don't know. I was totally alone, no family and I chose not to tell most of my friends (for various reasons). You just cannot be successful without support.  I hope I hear from some people, but I don't think I will...they are just gone...

I hope you find some support in your area too...

HUGS!!!!

Connie D.
on 10/24/12 1:17 pm
Debbie....so sad that some decided they were better then the rest.....now they can't get anyone to come to the group...gee I wonder why????

HUGS...connie d
Paul H.
on 10/27/12 4:30 pm - Eagan, MN
rjsams
on 10/29/12 2:30 am - Eagan, MN

We have a strong group that still meets South of the River.  I know that's a long drive for you, but maybe once a month or so would be worth it.  This coming Saturday at 8:30 am we will be at the Panera Bread in Burnsville Center.  Feel free to join us!

Darla S.
on 11/6/12 10:48 am - Maple Grove, MN

I can completely relate to this post, I've shared similar sentiments in the past, I MISS the coffee gatherings and all.  I tried very hard to keep the Maple Grove group going, but after so many Saturday  mornings spent by myself or with just one other person, I gave up.  It felt futile, and was more than a little sad.  I don't feel guilty for letting go of it, there were a great many people who let go of it long before I ever did.

I know I used to be one of the 'ring-leaders' - organizing overnights, out-of-town or centrally located coffee get togethers that just about everyone could easily get to, Swapkins, yada yada yada...  Well, I burned out.  I got too personally involved in too many intimate issues, and felt like I was being relied on too much to keep boosting everyone else up.  Some here may even have been privy to when I essentially foiled a suicide attempt by one of our former members.  Too much pressure.   Add to that my husband losing his job, a teenage daughter that has caused me an enormous amount of anger, frustration, anxiety and heartache,  having to take on a hobby job that leaves me with only one or two days off per month, and you could say I'm toast.

I don't mean to create any drama or ill will, but I have to say I resent the comment...

'so sad that some decided they were better then the rest.....now they can't get anyone to come to the group...gee I wonder why???'

I can't help but suspect that may have had something to do with me.  Perhaps not, but regardless - unless you know exactly what the extenuating cir****tances are behind a person withdrawing from their former social behaviors, judge not.  Could very well be that the person you believe is arrogant, is actually really hurting inside.

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

debim3
on 11/6/12 10:57 am - Roberts, WI

I remember you fondly, Darla!! I'm sorry the last few years have been so rough for you. I can relate to some of what you have been through, not all, but some of it.  I sure hope some of the issues you posted are resolving for you.

Take care of you. Keep in touch once in a while.

izzy1003
on 11/15/12 2:55 am - MO

Hi Deb,

I just recently started to view these boards again as I am having such difficulty getting myself back on track.  There is a support group that meets at Amore in West Saint Paul or the Caribou in Roseville that I attend from time to time.  I am unsure of where they are meeting this weekend, but there is usually always a posting on facebook.  Let me know and I can send you the information.

Tammy

debim3
on 11/15/12 7:04 am - Roberts, WI

Please do send me the info. Thank you for the offer!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1369 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1143 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2614 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2695 views