YAY ITS FRIDAY

jmcqueary
on 11/8/12 11:43 pm

Well we made it!  I hope everyone had a great week!  I know I feel pretty good getting back on track!  No sure what do to this weekend but I got a feeling it will involve some wine, exercise and watching some football!  I really need to get a life outside of home :) have fun people, and be safe, just not too safe cause that wouldn't be too much fun!

Paul H.
on 11/9/12 12:41 am - Eagan, MN

Skip the wine. Go to a mall and do some laps and people watching.

55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

Darla S.
on 11/9/12 1:21 am - Maple Grove, MN

OH needs a "LIKE" button  angry

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

jmcqueary
on 11/9/12 1:57 am

Up here in Duluth not much to see these days lol, mall has been dead lately which is good for walk though 

Paul H.
on 11/9/12 3:14 am - Eagan, MN

I wished you lived closer so we could meet for coffee. Maybe that is why this forum is here, to get people together that wouldn't otherwise have support.

My statement about wine really should be a 3 page discussion as to why I would state that. I will give just a touch of information to help you see the broader reason.

First and last, if I want to give you the best long term advice it would be to find the "cutthefatpodcast.com" online. It is run by a pharmacist  and a physical trainer. It is the most comprehensive advice I have seen. There are 50+ podcast that you can download for free and listen while you walk, bike etc.

Second your goal  should be something like "long term health" because losing weight without changing your lifestyle choices is pointless, we all really struggle when we get closer to goal and have re-introduced regular food into the menu plan. Also "health" carries more importance than how you feel about yourself on a given day.

The wine thing is related to insulin spiking AND the lessening of mental control. Stay away from carbs in general, but especially those that cause a quick spike.

Always dense protein first as this will keep you full longer and rebuild body cells. 

Weigh, measure and journal. You will learn a lot about food and yourself. Stay on track, this can be quite a ride, but youwon't like how short is becomes if you don't follow your doctors advice. This ain't magic, it is a tool.......

Become a good example. I was a good example of a bad example. I lost 160 pounds but have found a way to reintroduce emotional eating in my life and regained 40 pounds. Forty pounds of regain is like 75 piounds lost because of muscle /strength loss. 

I enjoyed chili and beef jerky a lot. Soup is the ultimate tool of destruction. You are better off with a small amount of protein in the pouch that keeps you either satisfied or begging to throw up, than something that slides through without pain or satisfaction-filling and makes you want to eat a snack too soon.

Drink 32 oz of water or non-sweetened, non carbonated liquid before you allow yourself to eat.

That's enough for now, 

Paul

55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1339 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1130 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2596 views
10+ years out -