Pre-Thanksgiving Weigh-in--what are your strategies for the holiday?

rjsams
on 11/19/12 12:58 am - Eagan, MN

Hi All:

I am home from my Disney vacation, and was pleasantly surprised when I got on the scale.  I feel like I ate my way across DisneyWorld, but still no weight gain, WOOT!  We ran the half-marathon, and also ran a couple of other times around the resort, plus lots of walking.  I'm sure that helped. 

Starting weight: 298.4
Last week: 138.8

This week: 138.5

Loss of 0.3 lbs

This week is a challenging one for a lot of people:  an entire holiday built around a huge meal!  What are your strategies for Thanksgiving?  My strategy last year, that I plan to repeat this year, is to take just a taste of the stuff I like.  I don't want to tell myself I "can't" have something, so I will just have a bite or two of the dishes I really enjoy.  In my family, there are enough different dishes that even one bite of everything fills a plate!

My downfall is the grazing--we always have the endless dessert and snack table--I just need to stay away from that.  Fortunately, there is always someone to go for a walk with.  How about you?

jmcqueary
on 11/19/12 2:25 am

This is my first major holiday since my RNY so this year I will be feeling it out, for the most part I plan on really keeping water in me, plus staying away from high starchy foods.  Stick to the turkey and veggies!  We will see how it works

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1351 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1139 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2604 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views