Weekly weigh-in post--how is everyone doing?

rjsams
on 12/9/12 11:59 pm - Eagan, MN

This is the thread I keep posting for people to be accountable to themselves and to others on the Board for progress on their goals.  You are welcome to post your weight loss progress here, along with challenges, issues or victories you are facing.  No need to post your weight if you are uncomfortable with that--just join in the discussion!

I stayed the same this week, which is surprising.  I have not exercised as much as usual, but I am trying to focus on good eating habits.  I had slid away from tracking protein, and my doctor saw that in my bloodwork, so time to get back to the rules.  (I also noticed my hair is falling out again--I don't have much to begin with, I can't afford to lose it!)

Starting weight: 298.4
Last week: 139.8

This week: 139.8

No change in weight

I expected to lose focus on my workouts during the holidays, and that has definitely happened.  Anybody else have that issue?  There's so many demands on our time, but I keep telling myself that this weight loss is my gift to myself and I need to keep it up!  So I decided I need to plunk my money down for a race on New Year's Day--that will help me stay focused.  I think I'll do the Polar Dash 5K--I don't want to do anything longer without knowing what the weather will be like.  I'm a bit of a wimp about the cold, particularly cold wind.

Mustang_Sallie
on 12/25/12 8:55 pm - Eden Prairie, MN
I am struggling with not gaining weight.
Today is a new day.
I will eat more protein today and less carbs...
Weigh in: 166 lbs.
Sallie
rjsams
on 12/27/12 12:50 am - Eagan, MN

Good for you, Sallie!

I am having the same problem, especially with Christmas treats.  Not enough protein!  I need to get my butt back on track.

Since you are in Eden Prairie, you are not horribly far from our Saturday coffee group.  Feel free to join us on Saturday mornings at 8:30.  This weekend we will be at the Panera Bread in Burnsville Center.  I'd love to meet you, and we really provide support and encouragement for each other.  This is a lifelong battle--surgery is just the start, isn't it?

TracyMarsh
on 1/2/13 2:41 pm
Revision on 04/19/13

Hi everyone. I was here over 3 years ago and didn't stick around. I have a lapband, live in Lakeville. I have lost most of my excess weight, but it was in spite of all the problems I have had with the lapband. Now after 3 1/2 years I am having a revision to an RNY. My doc, Dr Laguna, is submitting to insurance this week. They seemed to be sure about it but I am so worried my insurance won't pay. I will be so surprised if it goes thru.  I have been with the same clinic the whole time (Fairview southdale WLC) I had a terrible experience with Dr Benn. I can tell anyone who wants to know about it. I had a friend with me the morning of my surgery, when Benn lost his temper and had a hissy fit because some letters were not in my file and I asked him about it. The admitting nurse told me to ask the doc to be sure those letters were in place before surgery. He went off on me and my friend saw the whole thing and was appalled, as was I. Then I kept with him, and I had trouble with my band ever since I had my 3rd fill. My esophagus spasms and I haven't been able to eat much solid food at all. So I lost weight, but not in a good way. Dr Benn said it was in my head and that was the final straw. He never would admit to any possible problems. I made a formal complaint and Melissa, the PA, suggested I go to Dr Laguna. I have been very happy with him since then. And Melissa. I needed much more band management than most, as my body does not like the band. Now I finally am having a revision. I am staying on this board now. I was on a lapband list but they are totally against RNY, like I will die if I get that. So I need a more supportive place. Good to be back!

rjsams
on 1/2/13 11:49 pm - Eagan, MN

Tracy, welcome back!  I'm sorry you have been having problems, but hopefully they will be resolved with a revision.

You are welcome and encouraged to join us at coffee group every Saturday morning.  Since you are in Lakeville, it would not be too far for you.  This Saturday we meet at the Caribou Coffee inside Byerly's off Yankee Doodle Rd. in Eagan.  8:30am.  We are all bringing a pair of pants we wore when we were larger to show off, (our big-girl or big-boy pants, LOL)

I would love to meet you!

TracyMarsh
on 1/3/13 2:21 am
Revision on 04/19/13

That does sound like fun! I gave all my big pants to my DIL. Maybe she would let me use them! LOL! She is probably not wearing them anymore either as she has lost some weight too. She is very tall and big boned. I would have such a hard time getting up and out by 8:30 am! You all must be morning people! LOL! I am a night person and always trying to go to bed earlier but I just have to accept my own schedule. I work from home and I like to start working in the evening when it's quiet and wor****il late at night.

I really do want to try and come though. I want to learn as much as I can about RNY. Do most of you have that? Tracy

TracyMarsh
on 1/3/13 2:23 am
Revision on 04/19/13

I am wondering why I have 2 of those weight trackers on my replies?

rjsams
on 1/3/13 3:13 am - Eagan, MN

I'm not sure about the two trackers, that's too much tech for me.  :-)

You should definitely come--we're in the Caribou coffee, so at least you can get caffeine to wake up.  Our support group includes people with all different WLS procedures:  lap-band, DS, sleeve, RnY.  I personally have had RnY, but there's definitely all types represented.  We also have people anywhere from before surgery to years out--it is helpful to learn from everyone at every stage.

TracyMarsh
on 1/3/13 4:05 am
Revision on 04/19/13

I will really try to make it. I can always go home and take a nap. Eagan Byerlys...I will reread other post about where it is. If I need more help to find it I will write again. I bet it will be a good meeting with being the first of the year. Tracy

vacationlover
on 1/4/13 4:45 am

My weight crept up over the summer (I had a lot of bad things going on that I allowed to mess with my eating/working out).  However, I have gotten back on track with tracking my food, eating right, and working out. 

I want to work out at least 5 days a week, and stick to 1000 or so calories a day, until I get back down to 135.  I am trying to run every-other-day so that I can do some 5Ks this year.

Starting weight: 264

Current weight: 142.4

Last week's weight: 146.5

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1369 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1143 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2614 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2695 views