Time to confess!

tinkerbell025
on 12/14/12 9:44 pm - Fargo, ND

"I have been away for a while. I guess some of it is busy life style while other parts of it is the fact that I have failed. Yes, me! I have failed. I have put on almost all my weight that I took the time to have surgery for and to get on the right track. I am not sure where it all went wrong. I am guessing some place between the potato chips, eggnog,snicker bars and the dreaded bakery goods. The carb monster took total control of my ever last thoughts.

This my friends is something I hope to never have to say or post in reality. How awful of a feeling this could be. Truth told I know this really does happen to people. I am keeping my nose to the grind and trying to stay focused over the holidays. I hope this finds others doing the same. We can still enjoy it all, just in a different manner

Happy Holidays!!

Tink/Kelly

Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
rjsams
on 12/17/12 2:00 am - Eagan, MN

You haven't failed--it's just time to head in a different direction!  You did it before, and you can do it again.

Take baby steps--get the carbs out of the house.  Or start an exercise program--nothing too ambitious, but just start moving.  One thing at a time, and you will be able to do it.  Your WLS still works, you just need to activate it again. 

Believe me, I understand.  I am battling stress-eating, carb control and failing to exercise lately myself.  Trying to nip the backslide in the bud so it doesn't end up on my butt. 

You are NOT a failure!  You can turn it around!!

Marsha F.
on 12/17/12 9:01 pm

Hey my Tinkerbell,

I totally understand how you feel.  I have gained 60 lbs back and it sucks.  Every time I look in the mirror I am disgusted.  I am having alot of family problems and drink beer.  The Carbs suck I eat a **** load after I have had a few beers.  However, I know my pouch still works because I still get sick from certain foods, so maybe I am in luck for a 2nd chance.  I will be coming to Fargo again in a few weeks we can get together and have coffee, we can motivate each other....

Hang tough woman we can do this, I know we can.   If you wanna jibber jabber you know where I am.

Love ya and hugs to you....

Marsha 

tinkerbell025
on 12/20/12 6:30 am - Fargo, ND

Sighs, something was lost in my post, So sorry. I was trying to post how Others have had this happen, not me. I was trying to remind people with the holiday coming up fast to be mindful of what we eat and do. Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I to have had a few pounds slither back on ( 20ish) but I am still where the doctor wanted me on the charts. Hate when he is right.

Marsha! your on for coffee when your here!!!

Kelly/tink

Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
rjsams
on 1/7/13 12:37 am - Eagan, MN

Hi Kelly:

Sorry I misinterpreted your original post.  I would love to meet you.

I am coming to Fargo in May to run in the Fargo Half-Marathon. It is May 19th.  Are you going to be around that weekend?  Maybe coffee afterward or something?

Paul H.
on 12/21/12 12:46 am - Eagan, MN
dolfinluvr77
on 1/9/13 5:31 am - Moorhead, MN
Well, Kelly...it MAY not be you but it IS ME!!!! Ugh! Marsha knows my woes...they are the same as hers mostly. Exchange Beer for Wine.

Marsha & Kelly...did you ever meet for coffee?? I wanna come too!! :P
      Began my journey in 2008 at 246#....lost 111#...have regaind about 35#'s of which I am currently trying to rectify!

Nancy
on 7/5/14 8:33 am - Kasson, MN

Just start grabbing something good for u to eat and leave them carbs alone.  I like celery, radishes, soybeans in the pod, and sometime just plain lettuce.  Remember you still have the ability to do this, summers here get out and enjoy!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1339 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1130 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2596 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2688 views