Spring is Coming Weigh-in! Where are you at before bathing suit season?

rjsams
on 2/25/13 12:49 am - Eagan, MN

Good Monday morning, all.  Spring is coming, it's almost March, so it's time to start thinking about where we are at in our weight loss journey. 

Those of you who are still in the rapid weight loss phase, how's it going?  Are you happy with your progress?  Soon it will be easier to get outside and get moving--time to think about burning more calories with some outdoor activities.  Are your walking/running shoes ready?  How about your bike?  We will also need different clothes for spring--what size will you be?  Have you gotten rid of the spring/summer stuff you were wearing last year?  I'll bet it no longer fits!

For those of us, like me, who are in the maintenance phase, we don't get the excitement of new sizes of clothes.  However, it's a good time to check the adjustments on your bike, or evaluate your workout shoes--as you step up activity, you don't want to get injured because your shoes are not supporting your body.  Who tracks mileage on walking/running shoes?  I do--my current shoes have about 250 miles on them--I got them in October, so they are about 4 months old, but I don't wear them for every workout, I alternate with other pairs to avoid overuse injury.  400 miles or 6 months old is my limit on shoes.

Weigh-in:  I'm at 143 this week, I was at 144 last week, so that's good.  I'd still like to be under 140 on a routine basis, so I've got some work to do.  Oscar parties don't help, LOL.  Struggling with an influx of simple carbs in my diet--need to get off the sugar again.  It doesn't help when I try to sub in an apple for some simple carbs, and it gives me horrible gas.  Why do our bodies punish us for trying to be good?  It's frustrating.

Have a good week, everyone!

chickiedoo123
on 3/4/13 2:36 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Hello Coffee Friend! 

I am ready fro Spring!  This is the first year since I can remember that I have been excited for Spring/Summer - I used to hate them because I knew it was going to get warmer = less clothes, and a big sweaty mess.  Although I have NO spring clothes I am excited for the chance to buy some smaller stuff :-)  I have my awesome Asics running shoes that I LOVE and am cranking away on the treadmill so I can run in the 5K in April!  I am even planning on purchasing a bike - this year it won't look like my ass ate the seat!  Super excited to be outside and enjoying time with my family.  I am also really looking forward to running outside - I ahve ran miles on the treadmill but everyone always says it is different on real road!

Weigh In - Last week I was 208 - this Saturday I was 206 - I'll take it - now just to get under the dang 200's!

Ellie                
rjsams
on 3/4/13 9:05 am - Eagan, MN

You are going to have so much fun getting new spring and summer clothes!  I am really looking forward to a chance to wear them, too.  THis winter is really feeling long....

I guess it's Monday again and I have to post my weigh-in--pretty good this week, I weighed in at 141.9 this morning, which is the best it's been for awhile.  I think the running mileage is increasing, so the weight is going down, that's a good correlation.  However, I also get a lot hungrier--one of my running friends said she gets the "runchies" when she has been running a lot.  I like that.  I definitely had the runchies yesterday.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1353 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1139 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2604 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views