Looking for imput on the Gastric Sleeve

CKPETRMOON
on 10/13/14 2:53 am

Hello,

I am new to this forum, but I have had a consult for a gastric surgery. I am leaning towards the sleeve. I was looking and gathering information to the bypass and sleeve. I am lucky that my insurance will pay for it and that there is clause to my insurance as my BMI is not over 40 and I do not have any co-morbidity. My BMI is 38.7 and in my insurance it stated that if have had a BMI of over 35 for 3+ years with no success of weight loss it can be covered with insurance. I struggle to with my weight since I have had my thyroid removed. I have seen a lot of great results from the gastric sleeve. I would like to hear what peoples thoughts are, pictures if have them and the difficult moments too as I think that will help me prepare for the worst...

I am hoping to find a great deal of support on this site and I hope I am able to give it back. 

Have a delightful day

CKPETRMOON
on 10/13/14 2:53 am

Hello,

I am new to this forum, but I have had a consult for a gastric surgery. I am leaning towards the sleeve. I was looking and gathering information to the bypass and sleeve. I am lucky that my insurance will pay for it and that there is clause to my insurance as my BMI is not over 40 and I do not have any co-morbidity. My BMI is 38.7 and in my insurance it stated that if have had a BMI of over 35 for 3+ years with no success of weight loss it can be covered with insurance. I struggle to with my weight since I have had my thyroid removed. I have seen a lot of great results from the gastric sleeve. I would like to hear what peoples thoughts are, pictures if have them and the difficult moments too as I think that will help me prepare for the worst...

I am hoping to find a great deal of support on this site and I hope I am able to give it back. 

Have a delightful day

mnmommaof2
on 10/16/14 1:03 am
VSG on 11/23/12

I had the sleeve almost two years ago and it was the best thing I ever did.  Happily maintaining a 152lb loss.  It's not easy, but I promise it's worth it.

Highest weight 279.8

Surgery weight 268 

imonajourney
on 12/23/14 3:31 am

I'm also new to OH. I was approved by my insurance last June for Lap Band Surgery then I decided that wasn't for me now I am interested in the Vertical Sleeve surgery. It's a tough decision no matter what. I have been on this journey (hence my name) for over a year and have met all my insurance requirements. Six months later I still haven't had any surgery and I still need to lose the required weight my surgeon gave me. It's a big life changing decision nothing to take lightly. Everyone thing I have read seems like people in general are very happy with the Sleeve surgery and the results. Everyone is different I wish there was a crystal ball to look in to. I just left a message at my surgeons office that I would like to pursue my journey again with the Sleeve surgery in mind. Not sure if this helps but it does give you an insight on it is a tough decision, life changing and permanent.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1368 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1142 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2609 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2693 views