MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:28 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

armywife21b
on 11/30/07 9:45 am - MO
Here in MO Dr Phillip Hornbostel out of Sedalia does
zahnermin
on 2/14/09 9:42 am - Marshall, MO
Dr. Hornbostel out of sedelia will accept medicare and health care usa medicaid ; I would love someone to share with me a surgeon that takes straight medicaid . Please and Thank you 
                                                Needs to be skinny  lol
AimeeC4244
on 3/16/10 7:50 am - Joplin, MO
I'm just getting started but I know that Missouri Bariatric Services in Columbia accepts Medicare and Medicade also.  I am on Medicare and that's who I am going through.
summer09
on 3/20/10 2:38 am - Conway, MO
hi, i was wondering if you have to wait forever to get in and have the surgery . i am getting my mental evaluation april 5th . then im ready to find a doctor that doesnt take months.
adamsamah
on 8/25/10 2:54 am - Nixa, MO
It is not uncommon to have to wait six months or more so you can get nutritional, exercise and psych counseling. This is not and should not be a quick process. It's changing your whole life forever!!
Don't rush yourself.
Hugs,
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

jdterrell
on 9/16/10 5:55 am - Sedalia, MO
Most insurance companies require that you be on a supervised diet for 6 months to see if you will be compliant.
As a Nurse Anesthetist, I really dread when patients are fast tracked and full and complete workup is not done. This is a major surgery and can get extremely complicated in a heart beat. It's what we don't know about you that can get us into trouble.
Relax and jump through the hoops. It is frustrating but worth it in the end. Use this time to educate yourself, loose some weight to shrink you liver-- it makes the surgeons job much easier. I find when my surgeon isn't struggling, I am not either.
Hope this helps.
BTW I am now 10 days post-op. I waited 8 yrs on my surgeon.
JT
Bobbie Smith
on 12/4/07 1:31 am - Ashland, MO
Dr. Ramaswamy and all the others at Missouri Bariactrics does also In Columbia

You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be, before you can actually become that person.

This ticker indicates the weight loss from my highest point 
Highest-----350
Liquid Diet----334
10/15/2007----284   
11/02/2007-----279 
11/08/07------274  
12/19/2007---250
01/22/2008--244

JANETLOGAN1020
on 12/4/07 6:24 am - BUFFALO, MO

DR. HORNBOSTEL ACCEPTS MEDICARE, BUT DOES NOT ACCEPT REGULAR MEDICAID.  I CALLED HIS OFFICE YESTERDAY AND HE DID ONE OF MY SISTERS SURGERY (RNY) AND ONE OF MY FRIENDS RNY. MO BARIARICS IN COLUMBIA IS THE ONLY ONE THAT I KNOW OF THAT ACCEPTS MEDICAID. JANET

Misty B.
on 12/30/08 11:52 am
Dr Hornbostel takes certain Missouri Medicaid HMO's.  I have Mohela which is formly known as Mercy Care Plus and I am going to dr. Hornbostel.  I hope this helps.  I know I had a real hard time finding someone who would accept Missouri Medicaid HMO.
Most Active
Recent Topics