WHATS HAPPENING JOPLIN???

Jan C.
on 5/22/11 9:55 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
My prayers and love goes to everyone in Joplin, I didnt even know that one hit there till i got a phone call from my granddaughter that lives there saying dont worry we are fine...Oh my gosh, so glad i didnt know about it before she called  from the looks of the videos it was really really bad they said last night 26 confirmed dead already....So thankful for the lives that were spared.

If you are one of our Joplin friends please if you are able to let us know that you are ok ....I know there are several that use to be on here all the time that were from Joplin ....

We had lots of rain last night almost a inch and lots of wind...but no tornados that touched down altho they were telling us to get to safety. we have no place to go except an inside closet and i had us a spot cleaned out with a big heavy moving pad in there to cover ourselves with but we never got there last night....lol ..

Sure wish we would hear something from Ecuador about our visas...yikes what if???no dont want to go there with the what if game. just something to worry about. lol
Still packing and moving things from here to there ....Sometimes dont feel like im acomplishing much. will be glad when this is all done.

well not much new news , been having trouble with a pinched nerve in my upper back that is making my hands go completly numb and cant do anything when it does it . been to the Chriopractor twice now and it feels great for a day or two and then i get to working and mess it up again lol well i cant sit still and not do anything....too much to do.

will leave you all now and let me know what you all are doing...

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

Lisey
on 5/23/11 6:30 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
As of 7:00am Monday morning, 89 confirmed dead with more missing.  The tornado basically devasted about 1/3 of the city, cutting a swath through the southern portion.  It travelled not quite due east, angling a little northeast.  It went from around 28th Ave & Main (St. John's hospital) in a path crossing over 15th Ave & Range Line rd. (Walmart area).  I also heard that the Flying J gas station truck stop on 32nd avenue was pretty badly damaged. 

I'm the lady who moved here from WI last month.  I live a few miles due south of Joplin, on Iris rd, a few miles northwest of Neosho.  At the same time or just right after, there was another tornado south of me, south of Neosho, travelling from Galena, KS going east.  

You know, I tried to get an apt in Joplin, but couldn't on the short notice I had & wanting to move in the middle of the month.  One of the places I looked at (had no availability) was 100% leveled by the tornado. 

It was very scary. 

I'm trained as a counselor.  I spent time with people today who were missing loved ones and waiting to talk with an official who had a list of unidentified & identity-known dead.  It was very sad.  There was one family who waited for hours, discovered they lost the loved one/ family member, and had no place to go to b/c their own home had been completely destroyed (along with their family member's house).  Where do you turn at a time like that?  You literally have nothing except what you're wearing.  It was so sad.  People looked dazed.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics