Reconstructive Surgeon who will file insurance?

annie_mo
on 7/26/11 7:32 pm - Sullivan, MO
 Its time for some reconstructive surgery and Im having a heck of a time finding a doctor who will at least attempt to file for insurance approval. Would anyone know if there are any docs in either St. Louis or Kansas City area who will? Thanks! 

5'5 HW 238 / SW 198 / GW 130 / CW 119....Goal Reached in 8 short months..
adamsamah
on 7/26/11 10:54 pm - Nixa, MO
I think the reason they don't file is that there are almost no insurances who pay for plastics. All are really considered cosmetic. Some might pay for a panniculectomy if you have an apron that hangs past your pubic area but arms, legs, tummy muscle repair etc are just not covered. I believe the surgeons don't want to waste their staff's time filing a claim that they know won't be paid. JMHO. If you want to self-pay I recommend the KU Med Center Plastic Surgery Residency program. I had TT done there and others have also. It's about 1/2 of what it costs other places.
Hugs.
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

annie_mo
on 7/27/11 4:17 am - Sullivan, MO
Thanks, Lana. I will call them today! 

5'5 HW 238 / SW 198 / GW 130 / CW 119....Goal Reached in 8 short months..
Most Active
Recent Topics