Been A Long, Long Time

Jeanie_Rae
on 10/5/11 1:32 am - Seymour, MO

Don't know how else to start except to apologize for not being here in such a long time. Since last November it has been a whirlwind of events, most of them having to do with being out over the road again.

I miss my group in Springfield, was especially hoping to get back before Jan moved away, it didn't work out like that.

I am loving being out on the road again, found a great man to work for, like working for an owner operator much better than I think I would have liked being with a big company. Right now I'm in Mocksville North Carolina, we are changing companies and I'm in the process of getting the truck decals and permits and things changed over. Had to do an all new DOT physical, which required me to do some lifting, pushing and pulling some pretty heavy weights. I did it well and found out I can lift and carry 70 lbs for 100'.  The new company my boss is signing on with is a specialty freight hauler, I will be delivering things like large riding lawn mowers, special motorcycles and things like that. Am really excited about the move, the people I'll be working with are really nice and I like them already.

I did have some food issues, it was easier to grab stuff out of the truck stops to eat and it caught up with me, am back on track and still trying to get below 200, but not really as concerned about that right now. I am feeling good and all my tests have been great so will concentrate on eating the foods I buy and keep in my cooler. I have protein powder but for the last 3 months haven't really used it. I was training for Werner and with the way the truck was always moving I used every excuse I could find to not mix the shake and have it. I do concentrate on protein and vegetables for meals, but still need to do protein shakes.

Need to go for now, think I will be able to get on here and post more now. Just want to tell you all I miss you and hope all is going well.

JEANIE RAE            
adamsamah
on 10/6/11 3:56 am - Nixa, MO
Jeannie,
So glad you have a good person to work for. That is so important. We miss you but know how much you were looking forward to getting back on the road so I'm very happy for you.

I don't think Jan has internet yet. She's living in a Latin-American country and they very much have the attitude of manana - it will happen tomorrow!! She says she's slowing down her pace but I'll believe that when I see it.

I'm retiring on 1/1/12 so I'm getting to be a short-timer. It's a bittersweet thing for me - I want the freedom and flexibility but will miss my boss and the students.

We were driving from San Diego to Nixa last month and every truck we passed I looked to see if it was you driving. Don't know what I'd have done if I'd seen you. Probably made you pull over!!!

Hugs,

Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

Jeanie_Rae
on 10/6/11 10:41 am - Seymour, MO

Lana,

I drive a white Freightliner, the sides of the truck have S A I, in large black letters, if you see my truck or think you see it, by all means honk, better yet I'll send you a message with my new number and you can call me if you see me, I will pull over somewhere.

HUGS BACK, GIVE EVERYONE A HUG FOR ME IN THE GROUP

JEANIE RAE            
Most Active
Recent Topics