2 year anniversary

nspg01
on 10/15/11 12:57 am
Good Morning to all my WLS brothers and sisters.  I am late posting this but just wanted to
say that I passed my 2 year anniersary on 9/11.  I am in better physical and mental health for
having had my life-saving surgery.  Had it in Sedalia with Dr. Phillip Hornbostel and I can't way
enough good things to express my appreciation to them for their wonderful care.  Couldn't have
asked for a better Physician than Dr. Hornbostel and assistance from his wife, Margie and their whole staff..  Long after surgery, they have been extremely supportive and helpful with any and all questions I had.  I have not had any negative problems at all from my surgery and that speaks volumns about their care. The folks at the Hospital in Sedalia were prepared for any and all my needs and I NEVER had  to ask for anything.  It was always offered before I knew I needed it (whatever IT was).  What an experience!  I know that I have added many more years to my life for haveing had this surgery and I highly recommend it to everyone who has tried all their lives to attain an acceptable weight in order to become more healthy.  I had my surgery when I was 65 and now I feel as well or better as when I was in my 40's.  I had ALL  (plus some )of the comorbidities required to have the surgery. I have lost 141 #'s and still have another 50 #'s to go.  I no longer take 5 insulin shot plus 2 pills per day, no sleep appnae, no meds for high blood pressure, etc.  So grateful.  Good luck to all who are contemplating one of the WLS surgeries.  Wish I'd done it sooner. Many thanks to my PCP who encouraged and guided me thru these last two years. She had the same surgery in 2005 and was a source for help with everything and still is.

Susan W.
on 10/15/11 6:48 pm - Tulsa, OK

Cong on your surgery ann date.i totally agree with you about having the surgery.it is the best thing we could have done for our health.i rather take vititams then all thoses other pills and shots.my husband andy had his surgery almost 5 years ago with the same doctor as you.i had mine surgery a little over two years ago in columbia mo.have  a great day god bless.susan

adamsamah
on 10/27/11 6:49 am - Nixa, MO
Congratulations on your surgery and success. I too was a over 60 when I had surgery and know it has added years to my life. My doctor says 20 years but I don't know about that!!! I do know I feel wonderful and have more energy and am happier. I have rheumatoid arthritis and that will never go away but having less weight on my joints helps lots.
Dr. Hornbostel is wonderful
Hugs,
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

Most Active
Recent Topics