Plastics question

lswaney
on 1/31/13 8:22 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
Has anyone had plastic surgery through KU? How was your experience? We're u happy with your results? I am scheduled for a tummy tuck (anchor) for march 29. Is there anything I should be careful of or ask?
Barbara S.
on 2/2/13 3:52 pm, edited 2/2/13 3:53 pm - Freeman, MO

I had a tt at KU three years ago and was very happy with the care as well as results. I am ten years out from RNY and couldn't be happier. Know what you want and insist on it as well. Do everything they tell you for after care it is all for a reason and can make a lot of difference in your results.

Hugs

'Barbara

Hugs; Barbara
Lap RNY ~ 4/22/2003
5'0" ~253 starting wt. 130 lb loss!
Extended Tummy Tuck with KU Residency Program
01/08/2010 ....Lost another 7 lbs with TT.

lswaney
on 2/3/13 7:33 am - Whiteman AFB, MO

Thank you Barbara!  I am very anxious and excited.  But I also have so many questions with the kind I'm going to get.  I am getting the anchor tuck and just wanted to know others experiences with it and also KU's experience especially with the resident doing the surgery. 

Barbara S.
on 2/3/13 10:01 am - Freeman, MO

Nothing to worry about on the resident doing the surgery in my opinion. It is always a senior resident with a certified surgeon attending. i was impressed and pleased with all my Doctors. I wanted the anchor but at the last minute I allowed them to change it to a regular tt. That is why I stated make sure you express what YOU want. It is very painful...But you must do what they tell you to do to have the best results. I am pleased with my results but still think an anchor would have been better. Make sure you wear your garment! It really is important. You will want it too little at the start and it will get more comfortable as the swelling goes down. The tighter it is the more support you will get so it can allow the tissues to attach themselves. Hope this helps and enjoy. You are in good hands!

Hugs; Barbara
Lap RNY ~ 4/22/2003

lswaney
on 2/3/13 10:16 am - Whiteman AFB, MO

Thank you so much!  I appreciate it very much!  Will let you know how it all goes!!

Barbara S.
on 2/3/13 11:20 am - Freeman, MO

When is your surgery?

Hugs; Barbara
Lap RNY ~ 4/22/2003

lswaney
on 2/3/13 11:29 am - Whiteman AFB, MO

March 29th.  I wanted it sooner but I had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and they won't touch me till 2 1/2 months out so I can heal.

carbueh
on 3/15/13 2:07 am - Barnhart, MO

Barbara, I wonder if you remember me.  My name is Carol Buehler and I had the surgery around the time that you did when I was living in West Plains.  You even came to visit me.   Unfortunately, I have failed with the outcome of the surgery and it depresses me every day.  At first I lost about 100 lbs.  but during that time I could not eat so many foods, such as meat, certain vegetables, any kind of pasta, rice or couscous.  I told Dr.  every time I went for a visit but he shrugged it off and said that everyone that day told him that.  Anyway, I gained most of my weight back and I still am in the the situation where I can't eat the above mentioned foods and I throw up a lot.  Unfortunately, the foods I can eat are not good for me (chips, cookies, (not too much sugar at once), peanut butter.  Some foods I can eat at one time and then the next time they make me sick such as eggs.  I have lost my mom in 2010, my brother in law in 2011 and my dad in October 2012.  My weight and my loss of these important people in my lives have left me depressed and not very happy.  I don't know why I felt the need to tell you my story, but I haven't been on this website in years and saw your picture.  I am so glad for you that you have lost weight and kept it off.  We are now living in Worden, Illinois. My husband retired from MO but he has been working part time in Illinois again.  We are closer to the grandkids and that is the only thing that keeps me going.  Thanks for the ear.  Carol Buehler from West Plains, MO.

Barbara S.
on 3/18/13 2:26 am - Freeman, MO

Hi Carol, of course I remember you and think of you often. I have watched your post all along. I too have trouble a lot the same. I have gained 40 lbs over the years but, this is due to eating the wrong foods also. I get along with some of the same foods you do. except with sugar. It is funny I get along with chips better than meat protein. I have now joined a new program with my PCP that is called the Zone. I****ched your nutrition, labs as well as anything you deem wrong, like depression. I have had a lot pf problems with malnutrition. I take Iv's for iron, I broke my ankle last March in 12 places and then found I have ostopena which is pre osteoporosis (sp?) I take this shot every 6 months...I am going in Friday for and upper and lover GI. Lower is just for precautionary and the upper is to check my stoma. I really think we all have our own problems....I certainly is not the easy way out. I was walking 3 miles a day and going to 5K's but since breaking my ankle have had to give it a year to completely heal. As soon as the weather is good more consistently I will begin that again. I think that will help. My Chihuahua has also gained weight as she was taking the walks with me. See we all have problems...LOl...Hang in there and keep working on it. We have to take control of our own health...try to find a program like our Zone. I get no help from Dr. H either. But, I think this new program with my regular dr will help. Keep in contact and maybe we can help each other,,,,no one understand what we deal with unless they have had the surgery. I look forward to keeping in touch.  Hugs, Barbara

Most Active
Recent Topics