Update and Question...

conster326
on 4/18/05 1:06 pm - Branson, MO
Haven't posted any news on my journey lately. Saw Dr. Scott for first time on April 7 in Columbia. He said I'm definitely a candidate for surgery and they submitted to Medicaid for approval. He told me to get a Chemical Stress Test, Pulmonary Function Test and Psych Eval. and then we wait for Medicaid to pull it through their system! I had the Chemical Stress Test last Thursday and Friday and nothing I had read -- no matter how bad -- had me prepared for how bad my body's reaction would be!!! Thank GOD it was over quickly!!! Pulmonary Function test was a breeze today! Psych Eval is scheduled for next Tuesday. In the meantime, I'm going to the New Beginnings Support Group in Springfield and learning more and more every time!! Question for those who have done this via Medicaid -- how long did they take to approve you?? I'm afraid I may be one who will lose her coverage when the cuts go in to effect, so am quite anxious to get this approved!! I am really getting anxious!! Here's hoping to be on the losing side soon!! Connie
tinybear
on 4/18/05 3:36 pm - Portland, MO
Which medicaid are you on? I am on MC+ Missouri Care and they approved mine in about 1-2 days after receiving it. The ones you have to keep after is Dr. Scott's office, not medicaid, even though they will make it sound like the wait is on them. Mine was drug out so long that I too was worried, so just keep after Natalie and medicaid shouldnt take long at all.
Most Active
Recent Topics