I Just Don't Get It(NEW START)

Shelly LaChance
on 4/21/05 2:31 am - Chester, IL
New Start sucks if you can go some place diff, I would if I was you...LOL..I don't get it that we will not be getting a new Dr when Fabito is gone..What the HELL is up with that..It's all crazy...If our PCP can do what he does why are we to go to him at 1 mo 3 mo and 6 mo and every year after that ... I don't feel safe with my PCP doing what a Bariatric surgon should be doing...not that I don't love my PCP because I do but it's just all crazy that we have NO one to go to ...NEW STARTS WORDS ARE WE WILL BE HERE FOR YOUR PCP IF THEY NEED US ......WELL HELL I DON'T WANT THEM TO BE THERE I WANT TO GO TO A BARIATRIC DR..Oh I'm done now thanks for reading my post I do hope someone from New Start sees this.. Shelly
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/05 4:38 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Once you're healed after surgery, there REALLY isn't much reason to see the surgeon at all. Routine blood work is all that the surgeon will be interested in, and that's generally something that your regular doctor handles. While a bariatric surgeon may have a better grip on what a bariatric patient needs, unless you are having serious problems, there isn't much need for him. And if you're having problems, surely New Start will set you up with another surgeon. I think that mostly, the yearly appointments with the surgeon are set up so that the surgeon can track your progress (and his statistics), answer questions you might have, and give you a chance to meet with your dietician. I meet with my surgeon as scheduled, and all he does is asks if I have questions, says he's pleased with my progress, and then tells me to have my doctor run bloodwork and forward the results if there's a problem. Honestly, there's no reason I need to see him other than the fact that he tells me to come. I talk to the dietician more than I talk to him! Because you're new to the post-op way of life, I know that this issue is pretty scary. But believe me, once you're completely healed and living life the way you want to, you won't give it a second thought. I hope this doesn't sound mean or anything...I just want you to know that barring complications, the surgeon plays a very tiny role in your post-op life. Pamela -97
Shelly LaChance
on 4/21/05 4:55 am - Chester, IL
I do understand this and your not being mean or any thing but if I have a question now I call Dr.Fabitos nurse and she will answer me,to where if I call my PCP she has to look things up ... It's just a strang thing to me that we will not have a Dr is all.. I just don't feel right about it..and its all crazy if some thing goes wrong with me New Start will find me a Dr well why not just give us a New One..I just don't get it..Now if I get a herna I do not want my PCP to take care of it I do hope New Start will find me a Dr if I get one.... see that is what im talking about every thing is just up in the air.My Dr is in a town of about 900 people and the Hospital is not that great I dont even have x-rays done there ... LOL thanks for the post back.. Shelly
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/05 5:30 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Maybe you could demand that New Start give you a new doctor, for your own peace of mind. But then, maybe they can't set you up with another surgeon because they aren't sure who's going to be staying or leaving. Maybe they figure that when the times comes for you to see someone, they'll have it worked out. Or I wonder if it will be end up being like most other types of surgery, where you have the surgery and maybe see the surgeon once or twice after that. And if you need to see a surgeon later on, you need another referral. Now, that would kind of suck. Now you have me curious!
Shelly LaChance
on 4/21/05 6:11 am - Chester, IL
You got it that is what she said more or less our PCP can refer us if we get a herna or some thing just call them and they will set us up with someone ..who knows any more all I know is Dr.Fabito is a good Dr but I would feel better now if I would of went to someone diff..I'm sure it will all work out but it's just up setting a bit ...
Dawn D.
on 4/21/05 8:39 am - Ballwin, MO
Shelly, I was thinking and you can go to one of the other new start surgeons,like Richardson or Wagner, or Scott.They take all kinds of insur companies.Its still considered post -op,they would be glad to take you.When Dr Fabito was out of town Dr Wagner took me in and he doesnt take Medicade or Medicare.It kinda sucks for me cause,Dr.Fabito is the only one in that group that takes it,so I have nobody to go to.Buts its cool it will all work out... Hang n there girl !!
Shelly LaChance
on 4/21/05 9:57 am - Chester, IL
I called Wagner and they are not going to take Fabitos people I think they are going to keep it if some thing goes on then they will take us ... I have BC/BS so you think they would take me LOL...we will see how it goes .... Shelly
GloryGirl
on 4/21/05 12:56 pm - Columbia, MO
Well, I'm one of Fabito's patients and no one has told me squat. I wouldn't even know he was leaving if I hadn't heard it on this board. Plus, for some odd reason, whenever I see Fabito in his office, I get a bill for $150 even though I got a referral from my pcp. I told them I am not going to pay the bill for the office visit. If they require follow-ups it needs to be approved all at the same time. Am I being unreasonable. Anyway, the last two times I went to him they weighed me, he came in and said, "You got any questions? Ok, you're doing good. Bye." That's what I get to pay $150 for. So, I really don't want to go see him any more. Now, if I do have complications, which I really don't believe I will have because I'm over 6 months out and haven't had so far, then I will go to my pcp and let her refer me to someone. Anyway, that's my two cents worth, no make that my $150 worth. LOL.
Shelly LaChance
on 4/22/05 12:47 am - Chester, IL
To day I feel like you I am to go back and see him May 19 but I'm not going to .. If some thing would go wrong with me I think I'm going to have my PCP see if she can get me into Dr.De la Torre.At this point I will not go back to New Start or I should say it will be the last place I go..
Shelly LaChance
on 4/25/05 4:32 am - Chester, IL
Have you got your letter from New Start of Fabito yet I have not got one.. Shelly
Most Active
Recent Topics