me whining...why so different?

-=Angel F.
on 4/21/05 3:10 am - blue springs, MO
Ok..I hate to do this but I need to vent. I have made some friends through this journey who started off at the same time as me..I have also sat and watched...People who started long after me have gotten thier surgeries and are recovering. All of my friends got approved andmoved on..and I feel left in the dust. We all started out with the same insurance. O all of us, Im the only one with an exclusion. I feel so frustrated. This feels exactly likemost things in my life have gone. Why does it have to always be me thats the one left behind? I know whiney whiney whiney. I am waiting for my surgeons office to send in my appeal but I just dont know how much hope I can keep up. It just seems so unfair that of all the people I know with my same insurance, Im the one who gets denied. Grrrrr..my husband ddoesnt really understand how down I feel about the whole thing, or why I feel so impatient about it. I keep having these dreams at night that im upset about something and cant get anyone to listen to me. Is that frustration or what? Ok done whining...backto life...
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/05 4:45 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
The exclusion in your policy depends on what your company has chosen to provide. I've heard about others who have talked to the Human Resource coordinators at their companies, and at times, the company has been willing to add additional coverage. It depends on the company, though. I'm sure Walmart couldn't care less, but others may. You could always give it a shot. And yes, you're feeling frustration...and jealousy. It's very hard when everyone gets what you want. You don't want to deny them their happiness, but gosh, you sure wi**** were you! And it's not...and you wait. And you're denied. And you don't know what to do to rectify the situation. You have every right to be upset and want to vent. You're human, after all! Good luck! Pamela -97
-=Angel F.
on 4/21/05 5:18 am - blue springs, MO
The really odd thing is, I did contact my husbands employer, and they asked UHC what they could do to make it go thru and what it would cost to make changes and UHC said for them to tell me all I could do is appeal and ask for an exception...so thats what Im doing. They could still easiliy say no and get by with it....thats whats so frustrating is my husbands work is willing to help, but still its like pulling teeth. Not to mention my surgeons office is very slowwwwwww to get things done. They ask me for something and I have it to them ina matter of hours..but then they seem to have it around the office for ages. I wish they would hire more help! Thank you for your kind words, I can tell you understand. And your right, I would not een think of denying my friends thier success or happiness, I wa thrilled for them. I just wish we could experience this together. If I get approved though, it will be worth the wait.
Slimmer Barb
on 4/23/05 12:56 pm - Show Me State, MO
Angel, I'm so sorry you are having such problems. Do you have BCBS? Are you going to Dr. Hoehn? Why did they deny you? I don't blame you I would be doing more then whining...........how frustrating. I hope you can get them to run your appeal through quickly so maybe you will be approved. I will keep you in my thoughts hoping everything goes well. Hugs. Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics