I get so sick!!!!

Shelly LaChance
on 4/22/05 1:41 am - Chester, IL
I get sick when I eat no matter what I try and eat .. about the only thing I don't get sick on any more is JELLO ... I'm to where I don't even want to try and eat because I don't like the sick feeling..How much was you all eating at about 7 weeks out..I do good any more to get 2 bites of any thing ... Shelly
bgjames
on 4/22/05 4:27 am - 'Heidelberg, Germany
Hi Shelly, I'm 11 weeks out today! I'm sorry to hear that you've been getting so sick. Things I ate a month ago was...let me think. Well, I wasn't released to regular food until 4 weeks post-op so three weeks later I was still slowly introducing foods. I would say I still ate a lot of yogurt, cottage cheese, hard-boiled eggs...more of the soft kinds of foods. I would eat some meat every once in a while, but I would only be able to eat maybe 4-5 bites. What things are you eating - well, trying to eat? I still do not eat bread, and try to stay away from things that are fried or really greasy because they bother my pouch. I don't get sick but I can tell that my old pouchy isn't happy. Are you able to take in fluids and your vitamins? Brenda
Shelly LaChance
on 4/22/05 5:46 am - Chester, IL
Yes I can take my vitamins and drink I can't do eggs really can't do yogurt any more cottage cheese is good and jello .. yes no fried no bread I try deli meats is on my list NOT ..I'm sure this will pass thanks for your post..I was eatin shrimp but seems like I can't eat it any more..
ritzy
on 4/22/05 5:47 am - SAINT ROBERT, MO
Shelly you need to consult your doctor because you could have a stricture(closing of the opening to your pouch)..What they would have to do is do an EGD and dilate the opening....I would not let this go on too long because since having the surgery we are more likely to come dehydrated more quickly. Rachael Medinger
Sherri_B
on 4/22/05 5:47 am - washington, MO
Well this is something we all go thru at least alot of us . a couplke of times i couldnt hardly eat i dreaded it and drinking as well .. it will pass i am 9 months out and have experienced this 2 or 3 times since surgery . not sure why but check w/ others whom have had surgery around your time i am sure they are at the stage you are .. good luck and it gets better
SherrieD
on 4/22/05 5:51 am - Springfield, MO
Sorry to hear you are so sick... I didnt have any food issues and still dont (Thank You God) But I have a friend who did when she was in the first 3 months, it turned out to be a stricture (sp?). She let hers go until she was not even able to drink anything and was she ever sorry for that... but she is fine now and down 150+ lbs since 03/2004. She used Dr. Richardson (awesome man I must say). Have you been in contact with your Dr. about this, maybe they need to check for that, I think they do a scope thing that allows them to strech your opening to your new tummy... not sure if this will help you or not but just a thought ;0) Sherrie
Dawn D.
on 4/22/05 9:35 am - Ballwin, MO
Shelly, All this time I thought u were doing better with food,I would call Fabitos office monday and just see what he says.I go Monday for my checkup I am a week late,keep me posted on what he says.Also, It seems like we are all having problems that we never expected.thank god we have each other.. Hang n there !!! Dawn
Shelly LaChance
on 4/22/05 12:07 pm - Chester, IL
Well was it last week or the week before I was doing so good and now I'm back to where I just hate to eat because I get that feeling..
KatieA
on 4/22/05 3:09 pm - Columbia, MO
Shelly, I was that way post op. Actually, I still have MANY of those moments even 19 mos out. You are still very early post op. You will have many people tell you that they were eating more of this or that, but it will always come back to how you feel eating it. I remember cottage cheese was a stable, jello, sf popcicles.... Yes, girl, two bites was the norm ofr me for several months. It would just get stuck. Can you do shakes okay? Don't even try to make a 8 oz glass. Just mix about 4 oz to start. I feel for ya!! I remember it well. Even today, I have something that made me feel so sick. Hang in there. Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics