Plastic Surgery Costs

Traci K.
on 4/25/05 12:41 am - Sullivan, MO
Okay, I contact St Louis Cosmetic Surgeon's, Inc. this morning and got some prices on plastics. To have a tummy tuck is $5,000-9,000. With me having had 7 children, in addition to the bypass, she said I would be on the higher end of that. That would also include some lipo, which she said is usually needed to get the best results. It would be about $16,000 to get both a tummy tuck and a breast reduction at the same time and an additional $4,000 to get a butt lift. So $20,000 should set me up nicely. (BTW: these prices include hospital, anesthesia, post-op visits, etc... - it includes everything) She said that going from a DD to a C cup is not removing enough volume and that the chances of my insurance covering it are slim. Sooooo, I guess I will be financing all this to get it done before I die! She said for me to lose this last 12 lbs, and get to my goal weight, and then come in for a consult (which costs $60). I'm thinking I may have to wait until July 2006 or so, as my hubby usually has some time off in July and the kiddos will be out of school (they will be going to private school starting this fall - and I have to drive them. I can't drive them right after surgery - so summer is best). So, there ya have it - some numbers on the costs of plastic surgery. Traci -89
Shelli_LessBelly
on 4/25/05 1:02 am - Creve Coeur, MO
Hi Traci! Sounds like a package deal! You go girl! Did you happen to ask how much it would be for an arm lift......to remove the bat-wings? I still have way too much weight to lose to even be thinking about plastics......but I'd still like to know how much cash I'm going to need to save to get all this skin off my body. FYI- A plastic surgeon is coming to speak at the next DePaul support group meeting on Wednesday, 5/4 at 5:30pm in the May Building, conf. room- D. Should be an interesting topic! Shelli Down 200 pounds!!!
Traci K.
on 4/25/05 1:25 am - Sullivan, MO
Hi Shelli No, sorry, didn't ask about the arms. They're having upcoming seminars on tummy tucks, but they're on Fridays from 1-4pm. Not sure if I can get a sitter or not. Since it's still so far away til I actually have the surgery, I guess I don't need to rush to a seminar just yet. You're doing great girl - 200 lbs lost!!! WOW that's awesome!!!
Traci K.
on 4/25/05 1:29 am - Sullivan, MO
Well, I may very well have enough breast volume. I know that I'm wearing DD size bras, but am spilling over those. So I measured myself this morning to see what cup size I really am. And measuring with me in a tight fitting bra, there's a 6 inch difference in my band and cup size. So that's an F by the charts I found online. If I had on a bra that actually fit better, it may be 7 inches difference. So just maybe, that's enough volume. I can only hope. I wonder if I should just call my insurance company and ask them what they cover and what their criteria is? Mmmmm???
Kathy L.
on 4/25/05 2:30 am - Kansas City, MO
Your post gave me the push I needed to call and ask about the batwing-ectomy! In Kansas City, the foo-foo doctors charge approx $4000 for the surgery with a $0 consultation fee. I need a whole total body lift, tuck and removal but the batwings will be the only thing to go since I don't have a way to finance more surgery. I can have the batwings done thanks to my poor dead aunt who is leaving me enough $$$ to get them done. Maybe I can find a doctor who wants some practice who will do it for 0. I'd be checking to see if the breast reduction and tummy tuck could be paid for by insurance - mine were before my surgery after a hugeweight loss with Phen-Fen. I had to fight for the TT but I sat in front of a bunch of strange people and pleaded my case and won! My tummy is the only area left on me that is flat and not sagging!! Kathy -100 then my husband broke the scale so I'm not counting anymore
Sherri_B
on 4/26/05 12:49 am - washington, MO
Hey thanks for these # i do know w/ all the kiddos we have had we will need muscle tighting as well in the tummy . And they do finance right ? if they do i could do it but if not then i will have to wait till tax time next year .. Hopefully we can make monthly payments .. W a lump sum down .. I am not sure what they will do w/ my boobs i was a douyble dd now i am a c but these boobs are all over the place alot of loose skin .. I want them lifted and a full c w/o all the skin so my question is do i get implants ? or have them remove excess skin and lift .. but my worry is if they remove skin (excerss) i wont be a c cup .. i have never been below a c cup and dont want to .. also i would like to get my inner thighs done and was considering my lower back but that is just because i hate all the stretch marks .. so i dunno about that one my bat wings are fine i am not so insecure w/ them like i am my tummy legs .. be careful on the but implants i heard on dr phil that is a very risky surgery i am goin to pennys and get me a but padding if i lose any more butt ..
Most Active
Recent Topics