I'm the Wicked Witch

NewMeInMissouri
on 4/25/05 4:35 am - Columbia, MO
I feel like the Wicked Witch of the West. Remember her classic line after Dorothy throws water on her? == "I'M MELTING!!" == It's official! My weight now begins with a "1"!! This hasn't been true since sometime during my pregnancy with my now 19-year old. I never lost that weight and I know my pre-pregnancy weight with her 15-year old sister was over 200. Cindy (-75) 274/199/140
Traci K.
on 4/25/05 5:01 am - Sullivan, MO
Yay!!! Congrats. Isn't that the best feeling?!!!!! Traci
Shelli_LessBelly
on 4/25/05 5:47 am - Creve Coeur, MO
Yipppeeeeeeeee!!!!! CONGRATS on hitting ONEderland!!!!! I'm so happy for you, Cindy! Shelli 430/230/hottie
HappierNow
on 4/25/05 6:37 am - New Bloomfield, MO
hi there what do the numbers under your name mean? Thanks, and CONGRATS on your weight loss!!!
NewMeInMissouri
on 4/25/05 11:29 am - Columbia, MO
The numbers that you often see with posters' signatures are: Name (lbs lost) beginning weight/current weight/goal weight Some people will actually list four numbers - they were typically required to lose weight prior to surgery (or managed to lose some on their own). For example: 311/274/199/140. In that case, the numbers are: highest weight/surgery weight/current weight/goal weight Seeing these numbers gives a helpful "snapshot" of a person's weight journey when you've just finished reading their posted comments. Hope that's helpful. Cindy (-75) 274/199/140
Sheila D.
on 4/26/05 7:20 am - Shaker Heights, OH
Congratulations Cindy! I am looking forward to getting there soon too! Do you attend any of the support groups in Columbia? Wondering about them, where and when...and if they're worth bothering with... Again, keep up the good work. I bet you look mah-velous! Sheila
NewMeInMissouri
on 4/26/05 8:10 am - Columbia, MO
I attend both support groups in Columbia. Boone Hospital's group has been up and running for over a year. It meets 6:30-8:00 pm on second Thursday of each month. A clothing exchange is open for one hour before (5:30-6:30) for those that have things to donate or need to shop. Meetings are in the large conference room on 3rd floor of Boone Plaza #3 (across Broadway from the hospital). The University support group was only started in 2005, so we have had four meetings thus far. It meets at 4:00 pm one day per month in the Pavillion conference center of Columbia Regional Hospital, but the day of the month varies. The next meeting is scheduled for 5/23. The two groups are conducted very differently, but I have certainly benefitted from participating in both groups. Both meetings are usually a mixture of pre-ops and post-ops, so some of the time spent can feel like a pre-surgery seminar, but there is typically a program or speaker that is announced well ahead of time. University staff says they have plans to conduct a true support group for post-ops only at some point in the future (when they relocate to their own clinic space). Please join us if you can!! -Cindy (-75) 274/199/140
Sheila D.
on 4/26/05 9:11 am - Shaker Heights, OH
Thanks Cindy for all the info. I will certainly try to attend. I am only 2 weeks post-op and feel like I could really use some support! Sheila
Roberta P.
on 4/27/05 12:52 am - Columbia, MO
Woo Hoo! Congrats Cindy!!! Doesn't it feel great! I'm looking forward to saying the same thing some day....... Keep up the great work and you'll be hitting goal weight in no time!!!! Roberta P 322/245/150
Most Active
Recent Topics