1 year post op on Tuesday

Chris T.
on 4/25/05 4:55 am - Florissant, MO
Since I won't have much time to post on Tuesday, I decided to do it today. I may not post a lot, but I read a lot & have taken a lot of advice, even if vicariously ..Thank you to all of you for sharing your experiences, wisdom, and honesty..I will be 1 yr post op on Tuesday & it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. I have lost 134 pounds so far. I am healthy again. I work out 3x a week at Curves, I do Pilates 1x a week for an hour, and I am even training to walk/run a half marathon. I am up to 5.2 miles at a time! My sleep apnea is gone, my asthma is gone, my back pain is gone. I am not embarrassed to be in public, to ride on a plane, to sit in chairs, to have people look at me..I can walk up the flight of stairs at work without being out of breath & sweating profusely. I went from a size 28/30 stretch pants, to size 14 capri's & skirts for spring that I just bought. I wear a medium top, down from a 3x.I've had to get all new underwear & bras..some of my shoes don't even fit..Men are even flirting with me!!The main thing is my health..my energy, and I know it may sound dramatic, but I consider it, my return to life...Now, I know I could probably have lost more, and I am not perfect. But what I eat and my workouts are just part of my life now..I know I will never NOT have to workout..But it's weird..it's like the more I CAN do, the more I WANT to do..Yes, I have tons of elephant skin that is gross, but I feel so great, that it's a minor thing compared to feeling like I had 1 foot in the grave.. Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you for your input, honesty, motivations, and hope that you all realize that although every person may not be posting consistently, that there are probably lots out there taking in your wisdom. Chris
Traci K.
on 4/25/05 5:03 am - Sullivan, MO
Happy Anniversary Chris!!! You've done amazing!
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/05 5:10 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Congratulations on getting your life back! And thanks for all of the help you gave me last year while I was still struggling with paperwork and trying to decide if surgery was right for me. Pamela -97
Shelli_LessBelly
on 4/25/05 6:26 am - Creve Coeur, MO
Happy Anniversary! I just celebrated my 1-year anniversary a couple of weeks ago. It is amazing how fast this past year flew by! Congrats on your success! Shelli Down 200 pounds......and counting!
crabby
on 4/26/05 1:49 am - small town, MO
Congrats on making a year Chris It's not easy but it sure is worth it!! I just celebrated my 1 year also and went horseback riding for the first time in 19 years!! It was so much fun. Lulu
GloryGirl
on 4/26/05 8:41 am - Columbia, MO
I read on your profile where you have lost 171 lbs. What a great accomplishment. Are you still losing at a year out and if so, about how much a week or month?
Nancy H.
on 4/26/05 2:27 am - Yuma, AZ
Congrats on your weight loss! Isn't this tool a wonderful thing? Nancy
Eileen C.
on 4/26/05 8:50 pm - St. Louis, MO
What an inspiration!!!!!!! Just what I needed to hear today....even though it is 60 pounds today for me...I've been struggling with old habits and feeling overwhelmed...thanks for posting!!!! Eileen
Most Active
Recent Topics