Peanut butter cookies - low carb

TaraLynn
on 5/2/05 2:59 am - Lee's Summit, MO
I haven't tried these just yet but my friend let me know they were making them on Paula's Home Cooking show on Food Network. They look pretty good and I will try them when I am able. I analyzed all the ingredients below so that we know what we are eating. 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy 1 1/3 cups baking sugar replacement (recommended: Splenda) 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet. In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup sugar replacement, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon. Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. With a fork, dipped in sugar replacement to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with some of the remaining sugar replacement. Cool slightly before removing from pan. Yields: 18 cookies The recipe says it makes 18 cookies. But we all roll them out different sizes. I will give you the stats on the whole recipe and then the one for 18 servings. That way if you make more or less cookies you can divide the numbers accordingly. Whole recipe Protien 70.5 Carbs 56.4 Calories 1561 Serving size 1 cookie, When 18 are made Protien 3.9 Carbs 3.1 Calories 87
Most Active
Recent Topics