Vitamin Help

christianwife
on 5/3/05 4:09 pm - granite city, IL
Hello all, I'm 4 months post op, and I have been taking my multivitamin and B12, now I have my zinc and calcium citrate. Thing is, I still crush all my meds, and I wondered if I can crush these. Plus, can I take them all at one time or will there be a conflict if I take some at the same time? Thank you all, Connie 331/260/Happy
Nancy H.
on 5/3/05 11:05 pm - Yuma, AZ
The only thing that I know of for sure is that you can't take iron and calcium together. You're probably getting your iron from your multivitamin. I hope this helps some. Nancy
Shelli_LessBelly
on 5/4/05 1:51 am - Creve Coeur, MO
Hi Connie- You should be able to swallow just about anything at this stage in your post-op life. If you have problems swallowing, Centrum makes a 1-a-day multi-vitamin that is chewable, and actually tastes pretty darn good (orange flavored). Also, vita-lady sells a calcium citrate pill that is gel coated and goes down the throat nice and easy. You can order it from vitaladay.com. You should not take your b-12 and calcium at the same time.........I take my calcium in the morning and b-12 at night, to ensure they are absorbed properly. I don't take zinc, but I do take biotin at the same time as my b-12.....the biotin helps keep your hair in your head, and since I added it to my daily routine, my hair has stopped falling out in clumps....and is getting nice and thick again. Hope this helps. Shelli Down 200 pounds.......and counting!
Shelly LaChance
on 5/4/05 8:15 am - Chester, IL
Hi there Connie I have Dr.Fabito also do you know how much calcium we are to take..I for got what she told me..thanks Shelly
Shelley S.
on 5/5/05 5:38 am - Granite City, IL
Connie, If you are still crushing your vitamins, have you ever thought of trying the spray vitamins, such as Vitamist? They are awesome!! Shelley
Most Active
Recent Topics