I'm finally heading in the right direction (I think)

Millsey
on 5/3/05 10:45 pm - Farmington, Mo
After trying to work with my regular doctors for the past 3+ years, I finally gave them the bird and started on my own. I had found this board back some time ago, but I never full utilized it. Well last week after I gave my doctors the boot I started asking questions on the main board and I believe it paid off. That's where I found Dr. Scott's name and phone number. I called and talked with Kassie I believe and she is sending me out the packet of goodies to fill out. My problem is I'm on Medicare now and my physical size of 6'4" and 500 pounds. I'm hoping and praying that this is finally getting me on the right road. I'm 46 and not getting any youger.... LOL....
Nancy H.
on 5/3/05 11:00 pm - Yuma, AZ
Make sure you get a referral letter for the surgery from your primary doc before you completely write him/her off. Dr. Scott is an excellent doctor. I know you'll be happy with him. Nancy
teekay
on 5/4/05 12:35 am - Robertsville, MO
Yes you have to have a letter from your dr saying you are able to have it and i would try real hard to get it moven so that u get in before they start cutting back like there gonna do on adults. Good luck I go on the 11 of may. Tammy
Millsey
on 5/4/05 1:11 am - Farmington, Mo
I've already got that from them. I got that from them last year...
Shelli_LessBelly
on 5/4/05 1:59 am - Creve Coeur, MO
Hi Jeff- Welcome to our world. I'm glad you found the info you needed on the main board......this place is so informative! I wish you luck on your journey.....and I'm glad to have another fellow "heavy weight" posting here on the MO board. I started out at 430 pounds.....and have lost 200 pounds in just 1 short year! I'm half the woman I used to be.....and loving every minute of it. Good luck, and keep posting! Shelli
Millsey
on 5/4/05 4:14 am - Farmington, Mo
Thanks Shelli! WOW, 200 pounds in one year. You're my hero! I just pray I have the get up and go enough just to get everything done. Did you ever think that before everything started? I mean walking distances is rough on me. That's sad to say, but it's the truth. I want to have a life again and people like you are giving me the strength to go after it. Jeff
Shelli_LessBelly
on 5/4/05 4:56 am - Creve Coeur, MO
Oh man.....you better believe that I know what you mean! I could barely walk to the end of my driveway to get the mail prior to surgery. I would huff & puff while shopping, and had to use the shopping cart as a walker just so I could get around the store. My mobility was so limited...and it was really taking it's toll out on my kids. They had no mother......they had a lump on the couch instead. If I can do this....anybody can do this......including you! Keep pressing on with your doctors....and keep a positive outlook.......and a year from now, you'll be smiling every single day, just like me. Shelli
AngelFlyingHappy
on 5/4/05 5:09 am - Oxnard, CA
Shelli: You are such a inspirtation babe, I just love you to death!!! You are just a beautiful person!!! Chelle -141
Millsey
on 5/4/05 6:59 am - Farmington, Mo
Amen! It's not only obvious from your photo, it's obvious from your words that you are a beautiful person Shelli!
Shelli_LessBelly
on 5/4/05 1:58 pm - Creve Coeur, MO
Awwwww shucks.......You are making me blush, Michelle! You know I love ya too!
Most Active
Recent Topics