Weird bowel stuff

GloryGirl
on 5/4/05 11:23 am - Columbia, MO
Ok, here's the deal. I have to ask on this board because you guys are the only ones I can tell this stuff to! Twice this week, I have eaten and then my abdomen started hurting. it was growling and carrying on and had a distinctive kind of sharp pain. And, then almost without warning, explosive diarrhea and then it grumbled awhile more and ws pretty much over. Both times, I realize about an hour-an hour and a half before I had a half a sandwich with bacon on it, along with meat. I'm wondering if this is a type of dumping syndrome caused by eating bacon or at least by the fat in the bacon. I think these are the only times I've had bacon. I'm seven months out so I'm trying a few new things. The only positive thing about this difficulty is that the rest of the time I am really constipated, to the point that it really hurts to go to the bathroom. So, the diarrhea cleans me out. It is like everything is waiting for this one great push to happen. Sorry to be so graphic. So because of the constipation, I've been taking colace. After the first episode of diarrhea, I stopped taking colace for a few days and then started again a couple of days ago. Prior to the first episode it had been a couple of days of taking the colace. So, I don't know if it's bacon or colace or a combination of both. Between these two diarrhea episodes, I had not had a bowel movement. One episode was on Sat and the other today, Thursday. After the Sat deal, I had to go to help a friend and so I took 2 peptobismol tablets. Any advice, ideas or suggestions for either the constipation or the diarrhea would be appreciated. I really don't want to stop taking the colace because it does help the constipation. Anyone else have anything similar or am just a weird duck. OK, I know I AM a weird duck but you know what I mean--a weird duck in regard to this problem. Teresa Parker 381/268/160
tinybear
on 5/4/05 1:59 pm - Portland, MO
could also be that your stomach is rejecting the greasiness of the bacon, especially if you have had your gall bladder out. I havent quite had my surgery yet, but I do still get diahrea if I eat greasy foods
KatieA
on 5/4/05 2:06 pm - Columbia, MO
Oh Theresa, I live like this. I never know what is going to set my tummy off. It is just trial and error and time on the potty. Katie
AngelFlyingHappy
on 5/4/05 7:59 pm - Oxnard, CA
I dont mean to hijack this, but Katie there you are!! I have been thinking about you. I would love to get together with you, I've missed you!!! Please email me. Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics