MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:27 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

marsheeeee
on 1/7/08 6:45 am - Jackson, MS
If I'm not mistaken, Medicaid does not pay for WLS in Mississippi.  However, I could be wrong about that so we'll see if somebody else replies.  The State insurance sure won't pay for it.  Good luck. Marcia
Cleveland38732
on 1/8/08 1:59 am - Cleveland, MS
Only Medicare pays for it in MS. Medicaid does not cover it at this time. So you woud be responsible for 20% of balance.
ttlc4ever
on 2/15/08 11:12 pm - Pearl, MS
I am on medicare. Medicare has a list of requirements that you will have to go by. the only hospital that wll pay for my surgery is in Oxford MS. Dr King will be my surgeon. I will have my first consultation with him on Tuesday the 19th. I will have to travel 3 hrs  there.  Go to this website www.bmhcc.org Then go to weight lose center.  Any more questions please just ask and I will give you the information that I know. Tammy

~Tammy~  

John Dantzler
on 2/26/08 10:29 pm - MS
A friend of mine just had WLS, pretty sure it was lap-band, in Oxford on Monday.  He's on Medicare.
ttlc4ever
on 2/28/08 1:38 pm - Pearl, MS
Being on medicare, did your friend have a time frame for his/her surgery?

~Tammy~  

fillisg
on 2/29/08 11:22 am - Belmont, MS
My surgeon is 3 hours away from me as well. I was a bit nervous about being so far away from him at first. It really wasn't that bad. The ride home was the worst, I was ready to get hoem but we had to stop every hour for me to gte out and walk around for about 15 minutes. So, it took foooooooooooorever to get home.

Phyllis
LAP RNY 7/7/06
Highest    Current     Goal
292             157           140

"I can do all things through Christ which gives me strength" Philippians 4:13

John Dantzler
on 3/2/08 10:56 pm - MS
He never said anything about it.  I do know it was put off once for about a month because he had an ulcer.  But, from what I understand they called him about 2 weeks prior and told him he was scheduled for surgery on the 25th and that's when he had it.
Kim43
on 3/18/08 12:54 am
Hi, I am on Medicare and had wls in Jackson, Ms. Dr. Kenneth Cleveland was my surgeon. My surgery was in 05' but I feel sure he still accepts Medicare.  Good luck, Kim
Southgrim
on 4/4/08 11:18 am - Madison, MS
HI!  ;-)
HUGS!!
Kimberly
Most Active