Vena Cava Filter

SonyaB
on 7/23/10 8:17 am - Mantachie, MS
I am wondering if anyone that has the Vena Cava Filter in their neck has had any problems? I have noticed the past few days when I turn my neck a certain way or cough I will get some odd pain on the left side of my neck about where they went in to put the filter. I am just wondering if it might be that or something else that is making it hurt like that. Any info would be great. Oh and by the way I had it put in 2 years ago before I had my gastric bypass.

Thanks
Sonya Baker
2bethinatlast
on 8/1/10 7:02 am - D'Iberville, MS
Are you sure they put it in your neck? Mine is in the lower abdomen

Edit   Delete  

SonyaB
on 8/1/10 8:50 am - Mantachie, MS
Yes, they put it in my neck because I had to stay laying back most of the day after words and i was scared to death when they placed it in my neck...I have a friend that they put hers in her leg..i wish mine had of been put in my leg.

Sonya
AuburnChic
on 8/3/10 5:33 am - Arlington, TN
They go in through your neck but the filter is actually moved to your abdomen by a catheter tube.  Having pain a couple years late doesn't sound right....I'd check with your doctor.
SonyaB
on 8/4/10 5:24 am - Mantachie, MS
Hi! I knew they went through your neck with the filter but I didn't know it was moved to your abdomen..I have actually been going to the dr for over a month with abdomen pain and they couldn't find anything wrong..sent me to have a Upper GI just to find a hernia..sent me to a gynocologist to make sure it wasn't my ovaries well still a sonogram to come to rule that out...i have had a lot of pain on my left side of my belly button and the gynocologist said it was more abdominal pain.. I really appreciate you posting that.
I see you are using Dr.King too..He is a great surgeon...very strict but great...If i had to have anything else done that he could do i would definetly pick him..
Please keep in touch..I also have yahoo and facebook.

Good Luck!

Sonya
lee_rn
on 8/8/10 3:54 pm - MS
Sonya,
The filter is not your neck, that was just the point of access used. Nor is it in your abdomen. The filter actually sits in the inferior vena cava just above the kidneys. They attempted to remove mine after my RNY but couldn't. I could actually feel them tugging on it at about the level of my bellybutton but against my spine. They can become clogged and can sometimes shift, an abdominal x-ray would confirm either.

Lee RN
I'm not a hot mess...just a beautiful disaster!

If I hadn't been where I was and done everything that I did when I was there...I wouldn't be where I am right now, which is a VERY good place. So, NO REGRETS!!!

Most Active