Need support in Jackson area

Chris L.
on 9/5/10 11:45 pm - Brandon, MS
I am trying to get back on track after gaining 15 pounds (discovered this about a week ago).  Thinking a support group might be a good thing.  I had my sleeve surgery in Baton Rouge - so I am wondering if I can come to CMMC even though I didn't have my surgery there.

Please post a reply - would love to hear from people in the same boat as me.

Chris

JBow
on 9/9/10 11:10 pm - Brandon, MS
I don't know about CMMC as I had my surgery (RNY) at River Oaks in Flowood.  I do know they have a support group there and I can't imaging anyone not being able to attend.  I am very new to this as I had my surgery Tuesday (9-7-10), but I do intend on making the first support group in a week or so.  Hope this helps.  PS  The crew at River Oaks are terrific and I am very sure will be more than happy to help.

Jimmy

PrettyEyes_41
on 4/7/12 1:15 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
I am still in the process of getting insurance approval. I live in Brandon and am going with Dr. Carroll from the River Oaks Bariatric group. I will be having the sleeve hopefully by the end of the month or first part of May. I am usually on the vertical sleeve forum but thought as I get closer to surgery I could use a support group here and will be going to the Bariatric support groups at the River Oaks center soon.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Shelley J.
on 8/17/12 2:33 am - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
 Hi Chris, 

I am an "old timer" I suppose with 5.5 years since my surgery.  I just gained 10 lbs and freaked a bit.  I could certainly use the support as well.  Thanks for posting this so I could learn about the support groups available.  I had my surgery in California - (moved to MS 3 years ago) and don't want to forget where I came from (the weight) and want to provide support for those entering this journey as well.  I remember old timers really helped me when I was scared to death entering into this.

Best to you!
Shelley J.
Jackson

Shelley J.
Clinton, MS

284.5/140

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/10 1:09 am - Madison, MS
Hi Chris. Yes, everyone is welcomed at CMMC support groups. It starts at 5:30pm for post-ops and then at 7pm is the support group. The 5:30pm meeting is with a licensed psychologist for post-op issues and such. The 7pm meeting is for everyone; pre-op and post-op to answer questions and meet others in the same boat. The meeting is the second Tuesday of each month at the CMMC medical office.

Karine
Most Active