Step One

pommom64
on 10/18/11 2:25 am - Hattiesburg, MS
I have just spoken with my Family Practice doctor who treats me for my DIabetes, High Blood Pressure and Neuropathy.  We had a discussion about Lap Band and he was basically neutral and told me I was on my own.  I am in Hattiesburg and I have Medicare.  Any suggestions on where to start.  I was actually here before and talked myself out of it but the list of my health problems is growing and I want my life back.  I am also living with Fibromyalgia and all of it is a bit overwhelming.  Weight loss would cure so many of my problems and I can't seem to do it on my own.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Ding-E-Girl
on 11/3/11 4:14 pm - MS
    Hey there !   I am also from Hattiesburg and I had went into this thinking about the lapband as well.      I read up on everything and started thinking that the lapband just wasnt worth all the side effects,  possible weight regain so I went to talked to Dr Clark Warden as the Sugrical Center of La.   He has offices in Slidell,  Covington and Metarie I believe.     I really really like him alot and I have decided to go with the gastric bypass.   He did not like the lap band either.    So anyway,  there about 6 or 7 really good drs in this group..... Thomas,   Levin,   French,  Warden and a couple more.    I am due to have my surgery in a couple weeks and feel that I will be in great hands witth Dr Warden.   I think they take Medicare also.      Hope this helps....
Most Active