Lap-Band surgery on 9/15

Guene
on 9/1/08 11:10 am, edited 9/1/08 11:11 am - MT
Today I started my two week liquid diet, on Sept. 15 I have my operation. I was wondering if any of you did the liquid diet for two weeks and what you did, any ideas for recipes and tips you can give me?

I miss food already LOL Thanks Bobbie :O)
montanadi
on 9/3/08 8:48 am - Sheridan, MT
Hi Bobbie!

I answered the email you sent me, did you get it?  The two week liquid diet was terrible, and fortunate for me it actually ended up being a week because my surgery was approved ten days before my date and then my date was moved up four days! I was soooo glad!  You can eat raw veggies right,  cucumbers saved me, and I did have ranch dressing with them. that's a liquid right??? lol.  I was bad, I also cheated one night when I made quesadillas, I cut them into six wedges and I ate one of them.   It's a wonder I had surgery! LOL.  I'm probably not being much of a help.  I think it did actually get a little easier after a couple of days, the quesadillas were just too much tho'!  

Keep your eye on the prize!  You are going through this because this is what you have to do to start your new life!  Soon it will be a distant memory!

Good Luck!  Keep us posted! 

Sometime this board can be like a ghost town, have patience!

Diane
Guene
on 9/3/08 1:43 pm - MT
Diane, thanks for your words, and I just noticed that I could eat cucumbers, so I got some, and I also got some celery. I don't know about the ranch LOL, but maybe if it is low cal LOL. I haven't cheated yet, but sometimes I want too, but then I think of what in sight so I have really been trying hard to do the right thing. I have noticed that I'm kinda emotional lately, but maybe it nerves. Thanks again Bobbie
Most Active