Update

sunnyinmontana
on 9/18/08 2:09 am - MT
     Hi all!  Just wanted to pop in and check out what everyone's doing.  I am ashamed to say I haven't been on here in awhile.  Back to life and being busy! 
     I am now about 10 weeks out from surgery and feeling great! 
     I exercised regularly post op with walking and swimming after a week of coming home.  I wanted to stay active when the weather changed, so I just joined a local gym and got oriented to all the machines.  The personal trainer gave me a routine and some goals, which I'm hoping to work up to.  I would have NEVER done that 55 lbs ago! 
     My goal has been to be the "poster child" of success in this surgery.  I've been working hard, learning the ropes, finding some limitations, and uncovering a healthier way of being.  I LOVE what this surgery has given me---the opportunity to be the REAL me that has been hiding inside nearly my entire life!  I don't feel out of control, and rarely feel deprived. 
     Some days I almost "forget" I've had the surgery and wonder if this is how all skinny people feel (normal).  Other days I am reminded immediately that I have had surgery (like if I eat too fast or take liquids in too close to eating). 
     Most people I know and work with now know I've had the surgery.  I wasn't prepared for such a rapid change, and some days the compliments can just plain get annoying.  I'm not used to being such a focus, let alone positive comments.  I just have to deal with it.  I haven't had too much negativity from those who do know, although I do have some close that aren't as supportive.  But I'm far from caring about what others may think.  I have not regretted this one bit!
     For Diane who's post up---hope you are doing well and maybe getting some knee pain relief?  Hope you're able to get some walking in.  And Carrie---who's surgery is coming up---how are you feeling knowing it's FINALLY going to happen?  I know you won't believe it until it actually happens.  I am SO excited for you!   Only great things to follow, and you have been more than patient in this journey!  Keep me posted...
Amy~

montanadi
on 9/18/08 9:21 am - Sheridan, MT

Hi Amy!  So good to hear from you!  You are doing awesome! Congrats on the 55 pounds! 

Everyone in the Courthouse where I work knows, I get those stupid complements all day long too!  LOL.  It does get a little annoying at times, but it reminds me that I'm doing something wonderful! 
I have gotten relief from my knees, for about three weeks now, I'm walking pain free, I just had to get rid of about 30 pounds and voila, no more pain!  It's wonderful, I'm walking a mile about every other day, and hope to get up to 1 1/2 by the end of September! And two miles by the end of October! I'm down 46 pounds at 7 weeks out.   I don't regret this one bit either!!

I am very excited for Carrie as well, I talked to her about a week ago, she's ready to go! 

Talk to you soon! 

Diane

Carrie B.
on 9/21/08 6:38 am - Miles City, MT
Hi friends,
Lisa called last Friday and said they have gotten the real insurance approval. You are right Amy, I just sit and wait for the other shoe to drop. I think I am ready. I will start the presurgery diet AGAIN uggh on the 29th. I think I am more ready this time. Ari's birthday would have been Thursday. I was at a conference in Billings, but Mitch and the boys went to the cemetary. Mitch said the little boys sang Happy Birthday to him. I wish I would have been there, but I am glad that I was away. It would have killed me. In July, I think I was still deep in the grief cycle and I think I have moved forward a great deal since them. I am more prepared for the surgery and my head is in a better place. It is the Lord's time not ours, I guess. Even though the date is drawing close, I am not as obscessed as I was last time. I think about you guys alot. There are newbies who are in the process who have found my email addy and have lots of questions about how to get approval. I think we were the first for a reason. I am glad you are doing so well and I can't wait to walk the walk with you.

Remember...We move towards and become that which we think about. Right now I am thinking about healthy healthy healthy and an easy surgery process. Don't forget to pray for me. We will have to have a reunion at some point.

Carrie

sunnyinmontana
on 9/22/08 8:30 am - MT
That is GREAT news Carrie!  Don't let your approval letter out of your hands until you get your surgery---and then have it framed!  I treated mine like it was my "golden ticket"!

Patience wasn't a virtue I thought I had either...but I did believe things happened when they did for a reason.  As much as I'd wanted this surgery for years prior, it just wasn't meant to be until this year.  At first I thought of all the wasted years.  But who knows?  Maybe I didn't have my head in the right place either.  It does take awhile to catch up!

Just do your best on the pre-op diet and keep in mind it will make surgery that much easier for the Dr.

And we will have to meet up one of these days!

Most Active