New to O.H. website. I live in MT but in WA for medical care...

DotchiLatham
on 7/12/10 2:22 pm - Libby, MT
I was hoping to find some one close to home so if I get my surgery I'll have some support when I get home. Long story short, I was woefully underawed by the lack of care, attitude of the doctor and dare I say it, negligence I was being put through. (they implied it's all in my head and told me to have my self admitted to the hospital if I "refused to eat".)

My husband is in the military so I finally got fed up with the doctors and drove 500 miles to Bremerton, WA so I could get medical care by a military hospital.

Within a week of being here I had a diagnoses of... Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Gastritis, Duodenitis, Mallory-Weiss Tears in my stomach, metabolic disorder (AKA Syndrome X). Wow... guess I wasn't faking it after all!

So now I am still here. I miss home. I go to a nutrition class on Friday and they will talk to me about gastric bypass afterwards. I am nervous but I don't see another option. Eventually I will get to come home again. I miss home SO much! Just not the doctors. I can't wait to get my life back first though.
Most Active