Anyone in the Bozeman area?

shellykayd
on 7/9/11 4:08 pm - Belgrade, MT
RNY on 10/15/12
I'm still in the research (where the heck will I find the money) phase of WLS.  I know I will have to go to Great Falls for surgery sicne the only insurance I have that will cover WLS is Medicare.  We have private insurnace, but apparently they would much rather pay for me to have a heart attack and have diabetes, high blood pressure, etc, etc,etc, than pay for WLS (or ANY weight loss help at all!!!!)

Just looking for others locally who are going through this, been through this, whatever!

We use to live in Great Falls, then Billings and now we are in Belgrade.  I still go out to Billings every few months for doctor visits (psychiatrist and rheumatologist).

Would love to meet people who are in these areas and might could help point me in the right direction, or even just to vent with!

Shelly
michalk63
on 7/13/11 1:25 pm
Hi Shelly,

I live in the Bozeman area. I just went to Great Falls today for my consultation. I am opting for the Sleeve. I do have coverage but not sure if they will accept the sleeve. My husband went  with me and I was so happy to have him there. I also was able to meet a gentleman that had the lapband 10 months ago. His wife is begining her journey now. It was so nice to ask them questions. I sure wish you well.

Marina
shellykayd
on 7/13/11 2:06 pm - Belgrade, MT
RNY on 10/15/12
Hi Marina,

I didn't know the docs in Great Falls did the sleeve.  I only remember the doctor I saw talking about the lap band and RNY.  It's been over a year since I went up there though.

I hope your insurance will cover it!  Good luck!

Shelly
determineddanni
on 7/17/11 12:46 am
I am from Helena :) I just wante to mention to you both that.... Have you looked into the Duodenal Switch? I would suggest joining all boards before you make a decision. I  have heard of a lot of revision surgeries (which are dangerous). Think twice, cut once.
Elizabeth N.
on 7/31/11 3:38 am - Burlington County, NJ
Dittoing this. The closest DS surgeon options are not a bad trip--Twin Falls or Salt Lake. Both are good surgeons.

Elizabeth N.
on 7/31/11 3:34 am - Burlington County, NJ
Howdy :-). I'm a for real native who was stupid and got planted in NJ. I'm visiting for the summer though, cooking for my sis and BIL while they're haying.

I'll be in Bozeman this Wednesday. Care to meet up? PM me with a contact number and we'll see what we can do.

cuddles010982
on 3/7/12 10:16 am - Mt
Hi There,
i live in Bozeman and am having my surgery in Great Falls next monday the 12th with Dr. Mortenson. I am having RNY done. I decided to have the surgery on 11/11/11 and it took exactly 4 months to get the surgery. I had to wait on my insurance company but it ended up being a much easier process than what I was expecting.
michalk63
on 6/1/12 12:59 pm, edited 6/1/12 12:59 pm
Hi,

I live in the Bozeman area. My WTS was Sept 26, 2011.  Had the gasteric sleeve with Dr Roeher in Great Falls,  and I don't regret it at all. My insurance company also made it easier than I thought. I hope your adjustment are going well. Good luck

Marina
shellykayd
on 7/13/12 12:27 pm - Belgrade, MT
RNY on 10/15/12
I am going to be seeing Dr. Roeher again, just trying to find a day that I can go up!  My kids have various camps and such this summer and then of course school will start and my husband works full time.  Won't have the $250 to give him next month, so maybe Sept or Oct.  I'll be sure to talk to him about the various surgeries he does.  I only have Medicare to cover it and money is really tight for us (two special needs kids and I'm disabled), so I'm just so scared of even getting my hopes up.  I have gotten to the point where I can't even go to the grocery store without major pain, much less play with my 6 year old.

Shelly
shellykayd
on 7/13/12 12:23 pm - Belgrade, MT
RNY on 10/15/12
I hope all went well!  I've not been on this board in quite a while, but since the scale just gave me the number 300, I've GOT to do something!

How are you doing?

Shelly
Most Active