Dr S and sleep apnea

kkyymm
on 6/15/11 4:59 am - Lincoln, Canada
if you have sleep apnea do you have to be on the cpac machine before they will do the surgery? I heard that you have to have been using the machine for a couple months first.

Trish-hoping
on 6/15/11 9:48 am - Benton, Canada
Hi there welcome to the forum! My experience with Dr. Savoie was that yes not only did he want you on it so your health would improve somewhat for surgery but you also needed to bring your CPAP to surgery with you. I saw Dr. Savoie and Dr. Beausoleil for consults when Dr. S just started his WLS pra****
HW-362 SW-330  (21lbs lost on pre-op diet)  Over HALF way there!!  
Carly ~
on 6/15/11 12:41 pm, edited 6/15/11 1:44 pm
 It's common practice that if you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, regardless of your surgeon, you will need to bring the machine with you when you're having your surgery.
They won't use it in the OR, but you will need it for the recovery room, and your own room during your hospital stay.

Hope that helps!

kkyymm
on 6/16/11 1:50 am - Lincoln, Canada
thanks ladies I wanted to be sure not having it didn't post my surgery even further.

Carly ~
on 6/16/11 11:28 am
 Hey KKYYMM -- Your ticker is just showing the garbled text, when you make the ticker, I think it's the 2nd box down you copy and paste here.  The one that says it's for Facebook, etc. 

Mine did the exact same thing yours did, and I tried the 2nd one, it works.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1899 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1751 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1750 views