3 Weeks Post-Op - Surgery June 23rd, 2011 Update

Carly ~
on 7/14/11 12:43 pm
  I'm so psyched and happy!  I love my sleeve!

My torn muscle from sneezing is almost heeled, I decided to weigh myself today.  I was trying to wait until my 6 week check up, but figured this was a milestone too -- 3 weeks out, kinda half-way.

Well....
I lost 35.5 lbs!  Since June 23rd!!!!
I'm so happy.. so freakin' happy!  

TY to my surgeon, Dr. Savoie, and his team... for giving me my life back.  
Words cannot express how amazing they are and how grateful I am for this opportunity.

To those of you waiting.... it is soooo worth the wait.
I love my sleeve!!!!

50andFabulous
on 7/14/11 12:51 pm - TX
Congratulations Carly!!!!!  My surgery is scheduled for 16 Aug - I'm having the RNY and i can't wait!!!  I can feel your excitement _ Keep up the good work!!!   I am brand new to this site and you are the first person that i have messaged.  It was becasue i could feel your excitement and wanted to share it with you!!!  Again YOU GO GIRL!!!!!  Congratulations!!

Carly ~
on 7/14/11 1:31 pm
 Thanks Fab!
You'll do amazing with the RNY!  Anyone I've talked to who have had it.. have lost like.. 200 lbs!  They're doing amazingly well.

You have about.. 30 more sleeps!  It's like the countdown til Christmas.. but it's not really Christmas -- it's your new life awaiting!

How awesome!  Congrats Fab and welcome to OH! 
It's a great place to come and vent and learn and share.   We all mirror each other's lives, so it's nice to know people are here.

I hope you have an uneventful surgery and wish you a swift recovery!
All the best,
Carly

macaulie4
on 7/15/11 2:29 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 07/09/13
Congrats Carly, that is awesome. I'm still waiting for my first consult, but news like this is confirming more for me that it is a great decision to have WLS. You are an inspiration, and the happiness in your voice is awesome. take care

Kitty_mom
on 7/15/11 2:46 am - New Maryland, Canada
Congrats Carly.
I wish I had the sleeve. I must say i am getting pretty discouraged with my band. Hopefully my full on July 21st will make a big difference. I am wide open so far & have the weight gain to prove it!

Carly ~
on 7/15/11 2:54 am
 TY Mac!  It's so worth the wait!  When it finally happens, it's so surreal.

TY Kitty!   How have you been feeling since your revision.. or replacement of the band?   I'm surprised Dr. B wouldn't remove the band and revise you to the sleeve.   Once you find your sweet spot with your band, I think you'll do really well too!   It's just going to take you a little longer to heal because it's your 2nd time around.

Wish you both all the best.  

beeker13
on 7/15/11 9:58 am
Congrats Carly!  That's fantastic news!  Keep up the great work
Kitty_mom
on 7/17/11 9:46 am - New Maryland, Canada
Hey Carly
It has been almost 3 months since my band was replaced. Dr B will not do anything but the band for anyone 55 plus. I was 55....by 1 month. He was not doing the sleeve then. I am just in such a funk lately. I am going in for a fill next week & my weight is up again......& I can't blame  anyone but me & my companion depression.  I usually kick my companion to the curb in summer. I guess everyone deserves a summer vacation!!

Carly ~
on 7/15/11 11:07 am
 TY Beeker  = )

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1031 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1883 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1739 views
Facebook page