Headaches?

j_aclyn
on 3/21/12 10:00 am - Canada
I am nearly 6 weeks out from having had a sleeve surgery and everything is going well and I feel amazing except.... I have brutal headaches. I mentioned it at my 3 week visit and they said it may be lack of water/hydration. I admit I am not getting the suggested amount of water but I am drinking at least as much as I used to if not more each day. The headaches come very suddenly and it is fierce around my right eye. I am worried it may be something else but it only started happening after the surgery so I wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

I am not a coffee or pop drinker so I don't think it is caffeine withdrawl or anything like that.... But I get them daily at least once or twice a day. They only last about 30-45 minutes usually.

Thanks for the help!
jjwbuster
on 3/21/12 11:06 am - Saint John, Canada
 Pain on one side is usually a migraine. Could be the change in weather may be triggering it.

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Kitty_mom
on 3/26/12 10:28 am - New Maryland, Canada
I would talk to my family doctor about this. It is not a post op effect I have ever heard of.

j_aclyn
on 3/28/12 10:58 am - Canada
So I happened to be seeing Dr. B today so I mentioned the headaches to him. He advised that it is not a typical side effect but just based on the timing with which they started (about one week post surgery) he would like to keep in touch with me about it. I am going to see him again in four weeks instead of the usual three month update I guess. He felt that it wasn't a migraine because I wasn't vomiting or getting blurred vision but he said to try taking just regular Tylenol to see if it helps reduce the pain. If not or if getting worse then I should get to the family doctor (which I am likely going to do either way) but if it helps I guess he will have more info for me when  I see him in about a month. Just a little update. Thanks everyone for the input!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views