Well here it is 3 months

Prinnylynn
on 11/5/12 10:40 am - Canada

Hey all, sorry I have fallen off the face of the earth. I have been in the midst of changing my lifestyle.

I had the VSG on August 9th in Bathurst. Recovery was fine, no complications. Just the regular challenges everyone faces with water intake ( I still struggle) and finding what my new stomach agrees with and doesn't. I have had a heck of a time finding a multivit that doesnt make me sick. I have taken the advice of lots and tried cutting it up and taking it slowly through the day, I have tried several different kinds of them etc.....so far still make me VERY nauseaous. My hair suddenly changed texture and became quite fine 2 weeks ago, it happened over a weekend time span.

I go to a fitness studio for classes about 4 times a week sometimes more. I also do aquasize 1-2 times a week as well.

I have lost 58lbs to date and I feel great.

Hope you are all well!

Prinnylynn
on 11/5/12 10:52 am - Canada

I have uploaded some pics on my profile

IslandMomma
on 11/5/12 12:35 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Yeah congrats....keep up the great work....

Vanessa D.
on 11/6/12 11:32 pm
VSG on 04/18/12

The only multi I am able to tolerate is the Superstore No Name brand for Forte. I believe they are called Essentra Forte. All the other brands were making me very nauseated and I have a friend who tried them and they worked for her too. Might be worth trying you can usually get them on sale for like $7 for 100.

Kitty_mom
on 11/19/12 12:12 am - New Maryland, Canada

Though not recommended by Dr B, i take the Costco chewable (gummies for adults)

sunnie41
on 11/20/12 4:59 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

thats the one i take too

runfatgirlrun
on 11/24/12 11:35 am

Congrats!  I have very long hair and my hair went through this really nasty change about the same time as yours thinned.  It is normal.  My hair is back to normal now.  You are on track with everything you are doing and you should see excellent results. Even a year after surgery there are things my stomach can't handle. Everyone is unique in this respect.  I still can't eat bread or anything with gluten. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1899 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1751 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1750 views