Soooo Coldddd!

Vanessa D.
on 11/28/12 12:14 am
VSG on 04/18/12

I am wondering if I am alone in this. I am freezing all the time. I go outside right now in -4 temps and my winter jacket is not warm enough. My winter boots are not warm enough. I tend to wear multiple layers like a tank top, t-shirt and then sweatshirt under my jacket and yoga pants under my jeans along with my ski pants. If this keeps up, I don't think i will make it through winter with the -40 temperatures. Any ideas that may help me get through winter?Thanks.

sunnie41
on 11/28/12 4:43 am, edited 11/28/12 4:43 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

you are not alone lol.

i wear tank tops, socks, tights and sweaters now. and im cold all the time. i have a blanket on me at work and home too.

turned my heat on early and higher than normal. i dont want to see my bill by spring.  i figure its cause we dont have as much insulation as we used to.

Vanessa D.
on 11/28/12 4:50 am
VSG on 04/18/12

I am thinking the same thing. I wear a tank top,t-shirt and sweatshirt while working and sometimes i even add my blanket to my legs. I keep thinking it's not as cold as it's going to get yet. How will I survive the next few months. Especially since I have to visit skating rink like 5 times a week. My son plays hockey and my daughter plays ringette.

better_life_ahead
on 11/29/12 11:26 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

You are not alone!! HAHA

I have like 4 blankets at night to try to keep me warm, and i also don't know how i will make it through this winter.

I'm not sure if its really because we don't have as much insulation, or if it's because we eat so little and we might be missing something that makes us feel this way all the time.

I am still far from goal and believe i still have "plenty" of insulation to keep me warm.  My 3 year old is almost 60 lbs and he is NEVER cold, even in the middle of the night when i go tuck him in, he has no blankets on him and seems to always be warm. 

Cindy F.
on 11/30/12 3:52 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

For the rink and outdoors, I would highly recommend ColdGear style garmets for layering (I like UnderArmour). I would also suggest investing in clothes with Merino wool in them. You can get leggings, long sleeve undershirts, glove liners, etc, and it's not like the old fashion wool, this is like your softest, warmest t-shirt. The SmartSocks also have the Merino wool in them. I bought the Ice Breakers brand of socks and glove liners from Sporting Intentions a few years ago and get a lot of use out of them every winter. It's definitely worth looking into.

Prinnylynn
on 12/4/12 12:11 am - Canada

I freeze to death every single day! I was a furnace before surgery and now I cannot get warm. I am down 72 lbs. I had bloodwork done last week and everything was normal so I assume it loss of insulation! LOL

I did ask Dr. Savoie this week if it was normal and he assured me it was totally normal.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1046 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1902 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1754 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views