Comments from family.

Vanessa D.
on 12/27/12 10:55 am
VSG on 04/18/12

So over the holidays, heard lots and lots of comments over how good i look and i must feel a lot better and such. Those comments i really don't mind. However, twice in the past week, i have been told if i keep losing weight, i will fade away to nothing. To me and my immediate family, i am not too thin or look too thin. It's weird to hear different people's perception, however, when you still have over 50lbs to lose being told you have lost too much weight feels really weird. Not sure how to take that. On a good note, did not gain any weight, although did not lose any either, over the holiday so far.

IslandMomma
on 12/27/12 8:10 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

I find those comments tend to come from an older generation and they just don't know how to properly express just how wonderful you look!!!! For some people I think they are just so used to seeing us as big it is almost like they think we must be sick if we are getting this thin!!!!...Just keep up the hard work and keep going to where you, your family and your doctor fell comfortable with......Congrats on the weight staying the same...wish I could say the same...but it wasn't too bad...so I will just get back up on the orse and keep riding toward that finish line.....Happy New Year....

Vanessa D.
on 12/27/12 8:40 pm
VSG on 04/18/12
The comments did not come from older people as you would expect. Happy new years ans cheers to crossing that finish line.
beach_mama
on 12/30/12 6:07 am
VSG on 08/16/12

I think it's because they are so used to seeing us bigger and maybe have never seen us thin.  They're just not used to it.  I find it strange coming from women that are smaller than me. 

Vanessa D.
on 12/30/12 10:35 am
VSG on 04/18/12

I agree. Don't they look in the mirror. Maybe they are just like us. The brain sees something different than what the mirror is actually showing.

better_life_ahead
on 1/2/13 2:07 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

I've had some comments also that i looked great and all.....but no one said i should stop soon or that i was too skinny yet!! I don't think that will ever happen for me!! :o)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views