Preop all done!! - kinda long

amary
on 1/18/13 8:30 am - Saint John, Canada
DS on 03/14/13
Had all of my pre op tests done at the Quebec hospital today..so stressful for me cause its french only...didnt think it would affect me that much....but it did...oh well!

1) ecg- fine
2) lung xray- wasnt ready yet
3) blood tests - d was kinda low
4) stomach ultrasound - they forgot to schedule...will have done in SJ

Preop diet for my surgeon is not 2 weeks of diabetic boost, but rather 2 days of non fibre foods....she had list of acceptable food, but not in english so will send to me via snail mail.

I will only know the surg date 1.5 weeks prior.....and assuming all tests come back fine....it should be 6-12 weeks from now...
IslandMomma
on 1/18/13 10:32 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Yeah for YOU!!!!  WOW that must have been quite the trip...why did you go to Que anyway??  How long was your time on the list?? I guess for some people Que is a lot closer than Moncton or Bathurst....ARe you going for a sleeve??

Good luck and keep us all updated

amary
on 1/19/13 4:57 am - Saint John, Canada
DS on 03/14/13
I chose Quebec as they offer the Duodenal Switch, and NB medicare will cover the cost (:
amary
on 1/19/13 4:59 am - Saint John, Canada
DS on 03/14/13
Oh and i was on the nb list for 4 years and qc list for 2...so approx 6 year wait!!
IslandMomma
on 1/19/13 9:26 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

NICE...that is good to know for other people if they are asking...keep us updated...what is the major diff between the switch and the sleeve??

amary
on 1/19/13 8:29 pm - Saint John, Canada
DS on 03/14/13
DS gets a sleeve and malabsorption component.
Grammie62
on 1/22/13 3:52 am
RNY on 11/15/16

Hi there, I have been waiting for Dr. Boisvert to open his clinic in Saint John for a year now. How do I go about getting Medicare to cover me to go somewhere else where the wait time may be shorter?

Thanks for any info.

amary
on 1/23/13 6:01 am - Saint John, Canada
DS on 03/14/13
I was not aware a wls surgeon was/is opening up an office in Saint John...do you know what surgeries?
amary
on 1/23/13 6:07 am - Saint John, Canada
DS on 03/14/13
I am from NB...my family Dr wrote a letter to medicare asking for approval to travel out of province...they approved...so i will have surgery in Quebec city in 6-8 weeks...fyi..the approval only lasts one year, so i got approved at the beginning of my journey, and again this year!! All costs are covered except travel and accomodations...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views