Good Luck and good weight loss....

IslandMomma
on 1/21/13 9:05 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

I just wanted to send out a quick hello to the few people who I know are starting their 2 week liquids this week!!!  Try to drink the shakes slowly...extra cold worked for me and helped me spread them out...but I remember lying in bed the first 2 night and having my stomach growl like it hadn't eaten in 3 days...and you may get some headaches...they are normal for the cal intake you are now getting.....

Good luck and keep us all updated on how you are doing.....

Cindy F.
on 1/22/13 6:51 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

Thanks for thinking of us! Day 1 is done and it wasn't too bad

IslandMomma
on 1/22/13 7:33 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

YEAH...just think if it as the first day of your new life and those shakes are easier to take....take a few pictures, and measurements to keep you motivated during those down months....

Good luck to you all...

jjwbuster
on 1/23/13 12:40 pm - Saint John, Canada

I am not anywhere near this phase yet but this post gave me the "warm and fuzzies". The support on this site is awesome. 

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

sunnie41
on 1/23/13 11:54 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

i agree. the first couple days of the pre op diet were the hardest..but who am i kidding, the whole thing sucked wind lol

but headaches and tummy growls were def the first 3-5 and after that it is so close to seeing the prize at the end...u dont even care anymore that your only having shakes :)

Cindy F.
on 1/24/13 7:33 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

Day 3 is done and aside from the start of a headache the first night, I've been feeling pretty good, much better than I expected!

You're right jw, this forum is very supportive! They're a godsend!

Henry M.
on 1/28/13 11:59 am - Fredericton, Canada

Thank you very much!!!

It has been a week as of tomorrow morning and I really havent found it to be that bad.

I am back to Moncton tomorrow, for the final appointment before the surgery.

Been so Crazy busy trying to get all the last minute things taken care of.  Getting very excited.

Henry

IslandMomma
on 1/28/13 12:27 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Yeah...you might see Cindy over there too...she has been doing good too...it is a very exciting time..Good luck and please post us your update as soon as you feel good...we all will be waiting to hear the great news about you both in one week time!!!!!

Are you minding the shakes??  Did you get a variety of shake flavors and some bars??  I actually wish I had some of the shakes for the first 2 weeks after the surgery...it is SO hard to get any protein in for the first month...but do some research this weekend and read some old posts about what different people were eating the first 2 weeks to try to keep the protein up...and then you will have to try some different things for the puree stage....it is all a bit of trial and error over what works for who...

Take pictures and measurements and have a great weekend with the family.....

Good Luck

IslandMomma
on 1/29/13 7:54 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

How was you check up Henry??  Did you see Cindy there at all??  Keep up the great work....

Cindy F.
on 1/29/13 4:38 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

Back from my one week weigh-in and I'm now 13 lbs! I was definitely pleased with that. The diet hasn't been too bad at all, often times I'm only getting the three portions in a day instead of the recommended four. They only had chocolate shakes and the bars when I ordered, so I got enough for 1 bar and 3 shakes a day but wished I'd ordered 2 and 2 of each per day. Now if Henry and I can each get a bed the day of surgery so they can actually go through with it, we'll be all set! I have no doubt we will! Happy thoughts!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1031 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1883 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1739 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1738 views