When I am tired.

Vanessa D.
on 2/4/13 1:48 pm
VSG on 04/18/12

I have been working nights for 2 months now. That means, when the kids are off school, I get little to no sleep. Sometimes I get about 2 hours of sleep and have to function the entire day with the kids. On these days, and more often than I like, I cannot seem to get any food down for the first 3/4 of my day. I can't even seem to get protein shakes down on these days. Generally, I will go till almost supper time with barely eating anything and only drinking water or crystal light. I am wondering if I am the only one that is affected in this way or if it's a common occurence.

IslandMomma
on 2/5/13 5:51 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

I am in a similar situation where as I work 12 noon to 12 midnight or 12 midnight to 12 noon...so when it storms it is hard...but my boys are older so they know to let Mommy sleep...it is just the 2 year old that sometimes I have in bed with me...STILL I get up and have a boiled egg every day...even the kids are asking me now to make one for them and comment on how filling it is.....lunch i**** or miss depending on what I am doing but I know if I want to keep any of my hair I need to have some protein...I bought some Life brand meal replacements at Shoppers and they are good...even if I just get in half of one it is better than nothing....In order to continue to lose and be healthy, which is most important, you need to have a balance...food, water, sleep and exercise....I KNOW some days it is easier said than done.....don't be scared to ask for help from those around you...you are still less than a year post-op...think about yourself too and stay healthy for the family......

Good luck ...you seem to be doing great so far....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1898 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1751 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1750 views