Surgery update...

IslandMomma
on 2/5/13 10:26 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Just an update for anyone who has been following Cindy on her journey.....She had surgery today at 11 am...all went well except for the 6 hour wait for a bed in ICU...but she is settled in and ready to start her new journey.  Henry is also in today and he has also been sleeved.....they both are in ICU now for the evening and heading down the road to a healthy life.....

Good luck and Congrats.....

jjwbuster
on 2/5/13 11:49 pm - Saint John, Canada

Thanks for the update. I was thinking of them today and wondered how everything went.  I am happy to hear that everything has gone well.

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Henry M.
on 2/6/13 8:43 pm - Fredericton, Canada

All is good for me.  Bit of gas pain but that is it.  Stayed an extra night at the hotel in Moncton, the kids got to enjoy the pool while Dad got some rest and got comfortable.  I so truly enjoyed the bit of Cranberry Juice I was allowed this morning.  Now It is to make the drive back to Fredericton today.  Hoping for a nice smooth uneventful drive home.

I am so happy to be on this side of the fence, I've got the tools now its time to put them to work for me. :-)

Thanks for the updates and well wishes, I am sure I will be asking questions over the next couple of weeks.

Henry

IslandMomma
on 2/6/13 8:54 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

CONGRATS  and welcome to the other side!!!!!   Take it easy...walk lots this weekend to get out the gas and read all your notes for the full day session or post questions.....

Good luck

jjwbuster
on 2/7/13 2:18 am - Saint John, Canada

That is super you are feeling well Henry. Thanks for the update and keep us up to date. Have a safe drive back to F'ton.

Cindy F.
on 2/10/13 1:13 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

My apologies for taking so long to post! Post-op is going well for me. I was released mid-afternoon on Wednesday, following surgery on Tuesday. I was happy to get home to my own bed. My gas stayed in my stomach so I was taking Dilaudin for that until Thursday. The gas was pretty much gone by Thursday evening and it's been clear sailing since coming off the pain meds and the gas subsiding.

I find it a chore getting my fluids and water in but I'm plugging away at it. I'm looking forward to being able to drive this week although it was nice to have a snow storm this weekend so I wasn't missing anything! I'm also looking forward to getting my staples removed. It's nice to be Day 6 post-op and hopefully have the worst behind me.

Like Henry, I'm thankful for the support of everyone on these forums and am so grateful to have the resource of the O.H. forums both locally and for specific interests / surgeries.

Cindy

jjwbuster
on 2/10/13 11:49 am - Saint John, Canada

Glad things are going well for you Cindy. Thanks so much for posting. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1898 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1751 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1750 views