who do you call for your OR date

bigchris
on 12/19/13 12:24 am - Canada

hi every one does anybody know the number to call to find out your O.R date or do you have wait to they call you or send you a letter? I'm waiting to hear from the dumont hospital in moncton for my surgery date everything else is done  but my pre op test. thank your time have a happy holidays and great New Years.

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/13 7:53 am - Oromocto, Canada

What did you have to go through for your psychology appt?  I've gone to the resident twice and even though she said she doesn't need to see me again, there is a new psychologist coming to the team in jan and she is supposed to call me for another visit. I wish they had skype...running back and forth to Moncton ( an hour and a half away) is getting old fast. 

jndrake
on 12/19/13 8:01 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi Big Chris, the OR booking department calls you. It is my understanding that they book their schedule the first of the month and then make all the calls so If you don't get a call the first of the month you know your sugery won't be the next month , ie  if you didn't get a call the beginning of Dec, you wont be having surgery in Jan. 

I usually just called Dr B's secretary and she was always good go give me a rough estimate of how many people were still ahead of me waiting for VSG that had completed everything already like me. She also explained that he does abut 2 VSGs a week  so I had a pretty good idea when I was going to get the call but nothing was for sure until the call came. Good luck.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

bigchris
on 12/19/13 8:57 am - Canada

We talk about the operation and the life changes i have to make with the the things i eat and ask i was ready i told her i start changing my eating habits like no more drinking pop and no booze so if my wife and i go out with our friends i drive and that was all we talk for about 20 min and she said if you would like any help after or before the surgery i could call and make appointment.

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/13 7:55 am - Oromocto, Canada

I have called about every different appt. at least you will see where you are on the list. I call Natalie, his receptionist, at 1-506-858-8199. She doesn't seem to mind when I call. 

Cindy F.
on 12/19/13 8:58 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

Just a note that I too thought surgery times were only booked at the beginning of the month but that's not always the case. I was disappointed in January when I didn't receive a call, thinking it would be at least March before I was booked (hoping for a call the first of February) but I was pleasantly surprised when I received a call mid January with a February date.

I was called on Tuesday, January 15th, scheduled for pre-op testing Thursday, January 17th (ordered my shakes later that day), started the two week shake diet on Tuesday, January 22nd, and had surgery Tuesday, February 5th. It was a total of three weeks from the call from admissions to surgery. It was a whirlwind but I was certainly grateful for the call!

Enjoy your holidays and look forward to a new start in 2014, it's going to bring big changes for you! I'm looking forward to reading your post with your surgery date!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1031 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1883 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1739 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1738 views