started my shakes today

bigchris
on 3/24/14 10:17 pm - Canada

started my shakes today they are not to bad I don't mind the taste of the chocolate one having the vanilla for lunch I see how that one is any body know what could be added to improve the taste if I have to?

jjwbuster
on 3/25/14 7:58 am - Saint John, Canada

I have heard of people adding crystal light or sugar free flavors. 

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

jndrake
on 3/25/14 10:21 am, edited 3/25/14 10:56 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

My saving grace was some instant coffee, you can use plain or flavored. We are allowed black coffee so I figured adding some instant coffee to the shakes was sort of the same and it has no calories. I also made them thinner than they called  by using more water and also added ice cubes to make them really cold. I used a shaker bottle with a wire whisk ball inside (from GNC) and some of  the water and the instant coffee and shook that then I added the shake powder and the rest of the water and shook that and then I added the ice cubes and shook it again. The instant coffee made the experience much better for me. Good Luck !

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/14 5:42 am - Oromocto, Canada

Not sure how it would taste, I'm not yet to that point, but I thought someone at our day session or someone else who had the surgery suggested extracts, like almond or lemon, or coconut...?

sunnie41
on 3/26/14 5:56 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

if you are in bathurst, dr savoie told me not to use coffee but you can use extracts, like almond, lemon, vanilla etc etc and crystal light was good as someone mentioned above

jndrake
on 3/27/14 12:48 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

I wonder why no coffee, it has no calories and I lost 30 lbs on my pre op using coffee every day?

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

sunnie41
on 3/27/14 1:19 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

but then again, my surgery was almost 2 years ago and things may have changed since then.

jjwbuster
on 3/29/14 12:24 pm - Saint John, Canada

I was told no coffee as well and that was last May.

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

IslandMomma
on 3/27/14 7:25 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

I used the almond and coconut extracts...loved it in the vanilla and the almond wasn't too bad in the Choc. either....I liked them super cold...almost frozen...lasted longer made me feel fuller and after the first 2 days, I was never hungry...I actually like the flavors and wish I could buy them locally...never was able to get on the boost...didn't like the taste...good luck....

Tracey

bigchris
on 3/27/14 10:17 pm - Canada

thank you I'll try it might change things up a little then the same shakes all the time

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1046 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1902 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1754 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views