My sugery is on Monday, and I dont think I lost anyweight on the liquid diet!!

ErinG
on 4/4/14 1:47 pm
VSG on 04/07/14

So Ive been doing the whole boost and water diet for 13 days now, and i have been following it, just 4 boost and water (crystal light), i weighed myself the night before i started, and i just weighed myself again today and i dont think i have lost anything,  has anyone else had this happen, and if so did they have any issues, about the surgery? My surgery is on Monday and im nervous enough as it is, i dont wanna have to stress about going and them refusing me or something, im feeling very overwhelmed.....

bigchris
on 4/4/14 11:07 pm - Canada

they must do things different in Bathurst then In Moncton I had to go get weighted on my after my first week of the diet and have a test done to check if I had a illness that could make people sick in the ICU if they are older or have lung problems. I'm sure you did good and sometimes the scale at home is not as good as the one at the hospital so don't worry if you did what they wanted you'll be ok. It's the liver they want to shrink so it won't get damaged when they lift it up the liver to get to the stomach. So don't worry keep thinking positive and you can get threw this. We are so close to our goal and I can't wait for the day to come and the healing to begin to move on with a happy and healthier life.

Lesley42
on 4/5/14 2:45 am - Canada

Don't panic hun!! I only lost a couple of pounds before surgery... I was so upset too... AND when I got home after surgery I gained weight from all the fluids from the i.v.. So as long as you did what you were supposed to then don't worry... I was freakin too because I saw and heard of soooo many people losing 20-30 lbs on there liquid diet but im hear to tell you in the end it makes no difference because after surgery Im down just as much as the people that lost so much before hand .. Good luck and keep us posted.. Im excited for you and cant wait to hear how your feeling!!

Lesley42                        
thinkinhaboutvsg
on 4/8/14 9:37 am

The "Diet" is to shrink you liver for surgery so not so much in the way what my doctor told me, as long as you stick to it you shouldn't have any problems.  Good luck! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1046 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1902 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1754 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views