Feeling discouraged :(

ErinG
on 4/27/14 12:41 am
VSG on 04/07/14

I'm a week in on my purée diet tomorrow I will be 3 weeks out from surgery, I've lost 23 lbs all together my first 2 weeks but I actually gains a couple pounds this week, I've been waking when I can but it's hard to get out with this crappy weather, has anyone else had a stall during there 3rd week or any gain I just feel so discouraged, and keep telling myself not to think this surgery was a waste I've waited so long 7years and really don't want this to be a waste, any suggestions or words or wisdom :)

tookayo
on 4/27/14 9:44 am - Canada

Your body is adjusting to the lbs you are losing and are you still getting in all your protein and water I am only five days post op keep us posted

bigchris
on 4/27/14 9:54 am - Canada

hi ErinG

I'm having a slow down on the weight lost too I think it is our bodies getting to loose to eating real food again and I found my self retaining water because I felt bloated for a couple of days like any diet we have our slow weeks of losing weight but it will start coming off.  We didn't put the weight on in a week so it's going take time. Don't worry about numbers you are going to do great and when the warm weather ever gets here so you can do more out side. You can do it we are all here to support you don't give up we all have our up and downs with the weight lost if they didn't think it would work they won't have done the surgery on us. So don't get discourage be happy it 's only the beginning of this journey we have started to a healthier life and this road will throw some curves our way and we have some hills to climb but we will get to that  finish line one day at a time it might take awhile but we will get their.

Cindy F.
on 4/27/14 10:23 am, edited 4/27/14 10:38 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

I went through this exact same thing Erin! At about 3 weeks post-op, half way through pureed, I stalled......for about 5 weeks! I'd lose for a day or two during that time but other then that, no loss and often just fluctuating up and down. It was pure torture, especially when I couldn't find anyone else who'd gone through it. Yes, many on the forums talked about stalls for a few days to a week early on, or longer stalls but they were further along post-op. Unless you've gone through it, you have no idea how hard it is on a newly sleeved person. I thought for sure my sleeve was broken and I'd failed again, I thought I'm only 3 weeks out and this is it?!

I don't post many comments on here but CLEARLY remember the mental anguish I went through during this time and wanted to reassure you that you're not the only one this has happened to. I commented on this on my profile in my May 2013 posting if you want to check it out for more detail. I tried everything to break the stall, high protein, higher carbs, higher than lower calorie, anything to shock the body with something new. It doesn't seem to matter, it just breaks when it's ready as frustrating as that is. Your stall may not last as long as mine did but please know it will break. 

Please keep us posted.

Referral sent April 2004 / First Consult-Moncton June 2012 / Surgery - February 2013

5'6" / Pre-Op 355 lbs / Current Weight 185 lbs

sunnie41
on 4/28/14 12:29 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

I agree with Cindy,

it happens with the majority on here. if you search 3 week stall, you will get hundreds of results. its lasts anywhere from 1 to a few weeks. just keep doing what you are doing and it will start up again when your body is ready.

dont get discouraged, i agree with chris, we didnt gain it overnight, it takes a little time to come off. we all get disappointed from time to time. i have been stalled a year, i feel like saying screw it to the whole thing but i cant. it changed my life and it is changing yours, one day at a time :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views