Signed my papers on Friday!

Livewire
on 5/11/14 9:00 am - Saint John, Canada
VSG on 02/18/15

Drove up to Moncton Friday and signed my consent forms. Both Monique and Dr. B said it will be about 3-4 months until surgery. It got real for me then. I can't believe it's going to be my turn so soon.

Has anyone here joined OA to help them after surgery for support and such?

kim_pei
on 5/11/14 11:49 am - Canada

Hi Livewire!

I am so happy for you...I cant wait to do it myself!  All the very best I hope it speeds by.

Kim

bigchris
on 5/12/14 5:40 am - Canada

hi livewire

I had my surgery on april 8th with DR B and he very good and the staff are awesome they made everything go smoothly. This site is very good for someone who has questions it's nice to talk to be who is or going to be having the surgery done. I had the sleeve done and I feel great this was the best thing I could do for my self and my family. If you need any questions answered I be happy to help this is what this site is for helping others that need answers or support. so the time is going to fly by and you'll be on your way to a healthier life. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/14 11:13 am - Oromocto, Canada

Ohhh, that's exciting to know. I signed my paperwork the end of March, so maybe I'll have my surgery by end July!

Lesley42
on 5/12/14 12:45 pm - Canada

Congrats to you!! That's great and what a great feeling to know your on your way.. All the best and looking forward to hearing more.. Not too much longer for you Rykat!!

Lesley42                        
Vanessa67
on 5/26/14 3:56 am - Canada

Congratulations to Rykat. Time will fly once you get your surgery date.

Leslie, you are doing awesome. I had my sleeve on May 12 with Dr. Savoie. I started the puree diet today. Cannot eat very much of it, but I try to drink protein shakes in between meals. It is difficult to get all the protein in for the day. Since my surgery I have only lost 11 pounds, I have been out walking every day. I think I have broken my addictive relationship with food (Finally).

Vanessa

tookayo
on 5/14/14 12:02 pm - Canada

Singed my paper  Dec got my surgery date Feb for surgery April 22 the time goes by fast  you will have a date before you know it  congratulations keep us posted.

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/14 7:53 am - Oromocto, Canada

I called Moncton today to see where I was in the list for surgery. Remember I signed my papers the last day in March. Anyway dr b's receptionist told me that I had to check with bookings at the hospital. She told me it wouldn't be before September at the earliest. I mentioned that dr b told you three to four months and she said he shouldn't have told you that. Just wanted to let you know, cuz I know how hard it was when the time frame comes that they give you and no word only to be told it will be a lot longer. I have been on this journey five and a half years and would prefer being told proper estimations. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views